Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know, I long for a simple life...my username is simplemom, because I always strive for living simply...But I am just overwhelmed with all that's happening here! It's just not a simple life!!! :(

I got my ds' report card today and Francois is not passing french...he got 52%. So that means he will be going to summer school, because we want him to pass, or else he will be a year late in french until he finishes highschool...

Guess when is summer school? It starts July 7th to july 25th. Our problem is: our family vacation in a family summer camp, partly paid for, is july 13th to july 20th. We lose 300 $ if we cancel. I may have my cousin who can have him spend the week with her when we are away, but she isn't too happy about it...she will also be on vacation.

So, maybe I will stay here with Francois during monday through friday...but we don't get re-imbursed the money we lose for not being there. Argh!

I'm also very stressed because I am visiting my aunt's new foster home friday, tomorrow, I am filling more papers, next week she has to visit the home and the 11th she is moving....and I'm feeling like a rollercoaster of emotions....:sigh:

Add this to all the rest of family life...and you know how not simple it is with my dear Daniel...

No wonder I love the subject of simplicity. I read books about it, I love to talk about it! lol I *dream* of a SIMPLE LIFE...Is It Possible???

I just had to share...sometimes it's just too much for me.
Thanks for listening.:heartsm:

Lucie :)

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
If life didn't have it's downs you would never appreciate the ups Lucie...... I hope things get better for you soon !!!!!!!! {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Well said Lori.

I hope you can work something out so you will be able to enjoy your vacation.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess you're right Lori. Thanks for the ((hugs))! You always have such a positive attitude. You are always there with good words of encouragement... I admire you!:heartsm: Thanks so much. :)

Thanks Michelle!:) We are thinking hard about a solution...I'll tell you what we decide...

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Awww Lucie, I love you ! The only thing "simple" about you is the uncomplicated way love those around you ! I admire you too !!!!:angel:

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
I don't think we can control alot of what life throws at us but I do think we can decide how to handle it. For me things usually are fast and furious for awhile and then it slows down a bit and I enjoy the simplicity and quietness so much more. With having children I don't think there can be total simplicity (because there are more distractions and events that come up), I think we can try the best we can to do so and have our schedules organized, homes cleaned, menus planned and when "the bumps in the road" happen we are better prepared for them when our surroundings are peaceful....if that makes any sense?:smball:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You are so right, Heather...

With having children I don't think there can be total simplicity (because there are more distractions and events that come up), I think we can try the best we can to do so and have our schedules organized, homes cleaned, menus planned and when "the bumps in the road" happen we are better prepared for them when our surroundings are peaceful....
Thanks, Heather for your wise words.:heartsm:

Lori..:D Thanks!

·
27,948 Posts
Your living life Lucie and your doing a great job. I'm sorry this is all happening at once but somehow it will all work out. Would he be able to go to school the first week and then bring homework to do on your vacation? Or could you change weeks with another family?
I'll be thinking of you as you work all this stuff out. With kids around nothing is ever simple. They can drive you nuts sometimes. Quieter life when they are all out on their own. Strangely enough we'll actually miss some, I repeat some, of this stuff. :loop:
Keep looking for that light Lucie. We're here for you whenever, whatever.:)

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Darlene said:
Quieter life when they are all out on their own. Strangely enough we'll actually miss some, I repeat some, of this stuff. :loop:
LOL! You're right...but just *some*...;)
Thanks so much Darlene for keeping me in your thoughts. We will surely work something out....It's just that my reaction, when I found out, yesterday, was to panic...I kind of do that...:blush: Then I adjust and find solutions.

·
27,948 Posts
simplemom said:
LOL! You're right...but just *some*...;)
Thanks so much Darlene for keeping me in your thoughts. We will surely work something out....It's just that my reaction, when I found out, yesterday, was to panic...I kind of do that...:blush: Then I adjust and find solutions.
I'd have freaked out too, lol. :)

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:hugz: Lucie. No advice just warm wishes for sucess.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Lucie :hugz: I'm so sorry your having to go through this right now.

It will get easier, I promise. Your emotions are running really high right now because of your aunt moving. Thats to be expected. Because of those emotions, everything else looks BIG, kwim. Once your aunt is moved and settled in, you'll probably find that things don't look the same way as they do now.

Please don't give up your vacation. Everyone needs a vacation of some sort, to refocus, to relax and have fun, to make new memories for the times that are difficult during the rest of the year. Your whole family needs it right now, sweetie.

I'll be praying that a solution will come up that will work for both your son and you in regards to summer school.

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
{hugs} Lucie! Is there any family friends you trust enough that Francois can stay with while you are on vacation? I hate to see you get "punished" for his failing French! ;) CJ is right. Everyone deserves a vacation. I hope you can work this out! {{hugs}}

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Oh Lucie ((((:)hugz:))))) I am so sorry that this is all going on right now. CJ is right, your emotions are running high now with your Aunts moving. I am sorry that all the other things are going on now at the same time. I hope you can work something out with Francois class that will work out for all. You deserve your vacation, you have had a long year and you need the time for some R&R.

I always say a prayer for you and your family with my evening prayers. I know that life is looking difficult but I am confident that the Lord will send you guideness towards what you He want's you to do.

:hugz:

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Oh Lucie,
I wish things were much calmer for you right now. I am saying a prayer for you and your family, for guidance and clear thinking and simple solutions to problems. I truly wish I was there to help.

pat

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
...you are so special ladies...you touch my heart.:heartsm: Thank-you so much for your kind words of encouragement and hugs and prayers. I appreciate it very much.

You're right, everything seems big here, and I am sad my aunt is leaving, even if this is what I want. It's a big step for me. :cry: I have to put my faith in a stranger to care for her...but I am reassured because I am told that she is a very warm, friendly and generous woman. I know Francine(my aunt) will be ok. We will all adapt...

As for my big boy! You're right, Melody, I shouldn't be penalized for him failing his french!!! Can you imagine, we are french, he goes to a french school and he fails french! I could have put my kids in english schol, but I wanted them to learn to write and understand the french language...sheesh...he better work harder next year...the truth is, he didn't like his teacher, but still he will have to learn to cope with that again in futur. We can't love every teacher we get...

Fot our vacation, I'll figure something out...My dh is even thinking in driving Francois to the school each morning and picking him up at 12h30(time school finishes) from the camp site we'll be...It's an hour away, though...We'll see...I'll try to get him to stay at my cousin's home for that week.

Well, this morning I spent from 9h15 to 12h00 answering questions to my aunt's educator...he filled the papers. I also wrote all the details of her needs and likes and dislikes and capacities for the new foster home. It went quite well. Now, there is tomorrow left...I will be going to fill another special chart for her, so they can evaluate how much money they will pay the new family. Then at 10h00 am, we go visit the foster home. That will last probably until noon.

I'll tell you how it goes...

Thanks so much for for your support!:heartsm:

(((Hugs))) Lucie xx

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Lots of hugs and sending angels to watch over you!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts