1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
161 Posts
Very interesting web site. I knew that detergents down-sized, but not t.p. So sad that the manufacturers don't just state the facts, but feel they must try to put one over on us, the consumers.

suesue

·
Registered
616 Posts
They recently did that with cheese here. The large cheese bars used to be 600 grams. Now they are 520 grams. It's like all the manufacturers are in cahouts because all the brands made the change (even the generics). You can't find a 600 gram bar now.

·
Licence to Kill
3,479 Posts
Oh good grief! What next?! If things are always costing more and more...why can't pay go up, too? :(

G

·
Just my two cents - I've done product tests for TP, and I was asked the question - would you rather have a smaller square or a roll that was larger in diameter - and I answered that I'd rather have the smaller square. If the diameter was larger, it wouldn't fit as well in my dispenser. Probably enough people in the test answered the same way.

Of course, I REALLY dislike Scott's anyway (this was one of the more miserable product tests we've lived though, LOL - hope this isn't TMI) so I wouldn't buy it myself.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
ok - my way OT comment

Of course, I REALLY dislike Scott's anyway (this was one of the more miserable product tests we've lived though, LOL - hope this isn't TMI) so I wouldn't buy it myself.
:tp: :toilet: Totally agree about Scott's. It is like sandpaper. DH is a TP snob - he won't even use Charmin (and we can get all the Charmin we want for free) he has to have Quilted Northern.:toilet: :tp:

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
It's hard to stay ahead of the profit makers. And why is it when I find a product I like a lot, they discontinue it or they change it and ruin it or package it so that it's too pricey for me to continue to buy?

Kinda funny how you don't like scotts. Every plumber I've asked recommends that particular brand because it seldom plugs up the toilet. I used to buy the softer ones but had so many plugged up toilet problems I gave up.

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
I noticed we were going through the Scott more than we used to.... I didn't know why though. I switched back to Marcal 1000 and our consumption is down again.

Yes, sometimes I have time to take note of our tp consumption :blush:

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
This is happening with all products. I've found this with cereal, laundry detergent, and diapers. It's a clever way to fool us into thinking we're getting a good deal.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Oh good grief! What next?! If things are always costing more and more...why can't pay go up, too? :(
I totally agree, with the cost of living going up why dont we get a raise in pay too? It's not fair, soon we wont be able to afford anything. I've been noticing when buying things at the grocery store that even generic brand prices are going up, it's a total shame.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts