Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Daniel learned he is changing school , in a special class this evening. He is not taking it very well. He ran away (not far), but we got scared when it got dark. He was hiding in the yard...

Now he is trying to fall asleep. He was very mad, then cried. He feels he is losing all his friends and in the new school, he's afraid of not knowing anyone.

I would have a little request for you tonight. Can you keep Daniel in your prayers, to help him accept this and ease his sadness. I can just imagine how his little heart is aching...:(

Thank-you so much for caring.

Lucie...a sad and worried mom.

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
Aww Lucie :hugz: I'll say a special prayer just for Daniel ;)

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Oh Lucie, Daniel is in my prayers and so are you! {{{HUGS}}}to you both. It is so hard to see your child in pain and hurt feelings, just love him and let him know you are there for him (and I know you do!:angel: )

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:hugz: Lucie and Daniel,
I'm sending up prayers for you. I pray that God will bring you all peace and also lots of good friends for Daniel at his new school.
Please give Daniel a big :hugz: and :smooch: from his "Aunty Debbie".

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Lucie~Daniel is in my prayers. I feel for him and my heart is breaking.

I know some of what you are going through as you know I have PMed you about my own son.

Please let him know I care and if you need anything please feel free to contact me.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Daniel,

You are in my thoughts, please do not be discouraged. You will still have the friends you now have, but at your new school you will be making so many more new friends! Try and think of this as a new adventure and everything will work out just fine! :)

:hugz: Daniel and to you also Lucie :hugz:

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Awww! Poor kiddo! I know the feeling because we never stayed in one place growing up for more than usually 3 years. its never easy changing schools, but....there are so many neat new people to meet, new friends to make, new things to learn. Its quite an adventure i found out. I am praying for an easy transition for your ds Lucie!!! Good luck.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Daniel, by the time you wake up in the morning you will feel much different. Lots of people who truly care about you are asking for help to solve your problem. Have faith. Sometimes change is hard, but it gets better.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
You are both in my prayers Lucie, it all seems so hard when your young........... {{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I hate to hear how sad he is!! I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers!!

·
27,948 Posts
Big hug to you both Lucie.:hugz: Having someone you love hurting in any way is tough. It really will be OK. You and Daniel are in my thoughts.:heartsm:

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Sending angel's to watch over you both and prayers to help Daniel look upon this as an adventure. Making new friends can be a difficult process, but well worth the effort!

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
calico said:
Oh Lucie, Daniel is in my prayers and so are you! {{{HUGS}}}to you both. It is so hard to see your child in pain and hurt feelings, just love him and let him know you are there for him (and I know you do!:angel: )
I am here if you want to talk--just drop me a PM or email Lucie. :hugz:

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
i didn't see this last night before i went to bed, so i said a prayer for him now. i hope he warms up to the idea soon and sees it as an adventure and something to look forward to.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Dearest Lucie,

I have only just seen this post and I can hardly answer! :cry:

To watch someone you love hurting is the worst thing in the world. Things will hopefully be different when Daniel starts his new school - Children make friends so much more easily than we do. I know I went through this with Lucy - she had her first stroke in the summer holidays and was due to go on with all her friends to secondary school and instead eventually had home tutoring and went to a school for severly disabled children. It is very hard to watch them so sad.

You probably already know - but my heart and thoughts are with you and your son and I will be thinking about you.

Lots of Love
Bev. xxxx :hugz:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank-you so much for for your prayers and good thoughts...
It means alot to me. It helps me keep strong.

I let Daniel sleep in this morning and I drove him to school this morning at 9h00 am. We talked on the way...he says he is very sad. He is mostly afraid to have no friends at the other school and leaving his friends.

I think he had a good day at school, afterall. They were cleaning their class and went to the park in the afternoon. They all got wet on their way back...it was pouring rain! I think he liked that, walking in the rain with his class. They all thought it was funny.:)

After school, we met the school director, with his teacher, so they could discuss this with him and encourage him on his futur. That was tough.:( I could see he was hurting. He didn't speak much...

I'm also sad, because the school my children have been going is such a wonderful place. We've been there 9 years already. They do so much special activities...the teachers are so caring...I think Daniel will miss that.

But we will do everything to make the transition go smoothly in his new school. Yesterday, we went to see a play at that new school, just Daniel and I.:heartsm:

Well...Thanks for listening and caring. You are ALL so great to offer your support.:heartsm:

Your friend, Lucie

1 - 20 of 27 Posts