Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
We moved the microwave and crockpot into the new house. Hope to have a real sink and counter by the end of the week.
I've never used a crockpot before and I don't have any idea where to start.
I haven't used a microwave for cooking either, only heating leftovers.
Do you have any WoW recipes that you'd like to share? DH will be home most of the week because it's raining and can "watch the pot" or turn it on...
Thanks,
lacyj

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AngeleeBob
1,471 Posts
My fave crockpot recipe is easy chicken cacciatore. I use 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts and it is enough for all 6 of us and the kids LOVE it. Place chicken breasts in crockpot. i have put them in frozen too it just needs to cook a little longer. Cover with a jar of spaghetti sauce add 1 can of mushrooms and a diced green onion and one teaspoon of minced garlic. Let cook about 4 hours on high or 8 on low. I just throw a loaf french bread in the oven and put out a salad and dinner is done!

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
I'd bet if you do a search for "crockpot" you'd end up with too much information!

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
My favorites in the crockpot are "dump cooking" recipes-- just dump everything in, let it cook on low all day, and supper will be waiting for you!

For example:

Crockpot Roast
3-4lb roast
2-3 cans stewed tomatoes (include juice)
diced potatoes, onions, carrots, or whatever you have on hand
an envelope of onion soup mix

Put the roast in the pot and top with everything else. Cook on low 6-8 hours until roast is tender.

I have tons of crockpot recipes but not much time to type them out right now-- is there something specific you'd like to cook in the crockpot?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Crockpot Mexican chicken.

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1-2 cups of salsa
cook on low for 6-8 hours.
the last 10 min. take chicken out and add 1/2-1 cup of sour cream, stir put chicken back...
serve over rice

for leftovers, you can shred into tortillas/burritos/tacos/omlets

this is soooo good.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Amy, the roast recipe sounds great--I have a roast in the freezer, will try it later in the week.

Diane--I know Mike will love the mexican chicken---sounds yummy!

:)

·
Registered
437 Posts
You're welcome Gina :)

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts