Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next week, March 28, my son and I will be flying out to Canada again.
We try to go a couple of times a year, and this Easter will be the first time this year. :grwave:
We have a holiday home in Alberta and absolutely love it there. We have great friends (neighbours) who look after our property when we are not there.
I really look forward to meeting up with our friends/neighbours, and go for long walks in the woods. :smball: It will be so relaxing, although I know that we will have lots to do, after quite a harsh winter.
I can't wait.:tay:

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
How did you end up deciding to get a place in Alberta? (if that's not too personal) Do you have a family connection there, or just fall in love on vacation? It just seems like a really long way to go for a summer home, and I'm a bit curious why you didn't get a place farther east.

Sorry, to be so nosy, please don't feel any obligation to respond.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Alberta is really nice place to live, i heard. My hubby waiting to hear back about a job there with everything booming.Construction. Im from PEI.
It would be very quiet in Alberta and deffently peaceful, no strees if out in country lol'

·
Registered
708 Posts
Come on over, Gems! :D We're supposed to have BEAUTIFUL weather here for the next week to celebrate the coming of spring. ;)

Charlene, it's funny that you said Alberta is quiet and peaceful...I was at lunch with some colleagues today and we were talking about how crazy the oil boom is making everything. House prices are going insane....even small towns (800-5000 people) are feeling the pinch as speculation is driving prices up and making it almost impossible for new families to buy homes. There's definitely a lot of construction work here, though...there are new houses and buildings going up EVERYWHERE. I've always wanted to live in PEI...we should trade. ;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, the reason for getting a holiday home in Canada is that I've always wanted to live there. I used to talk about 'one day living in Canada', when I was as young as 6. No idea where that idea came from, as I'd never know anybody who'd gone there, and I certainly don't have family connections over there. It's just such a beautiful country.

We 'knew' we wanted to buy in Alberta because we wanted to be close to the Rockies. Unfortunately we couldn't afford anything very close there (I would have loved to buy in Canmore), but ended up driving towards Westlock and found a beautiful property very nearby.

Going on holiday there is like going to our own little sanctuary. Here in the UK we live right by a main road. It's always noisy, and crime is definately on the rise around here. When on holiday we can relax, enjoy a simple life, and recharge our batteries. It's bliss.

I'm glad we bought 2 years ago, as we certainly couldn't afford to buy now. Prices have gone up by quite a bit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts