Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a couple things,depending on which party does.

~if it is one party, I'd ask how they were going to get rid of all the scandals and would they work at keeping scandals hush/hush or bring them forth (as they should)

~for all other parties, I'd be asking about health care

There are other issues, however these are the 2 most important for me right now.

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
I'd be asking about the national debt. Not the deficit which is pretty much under control. Now I want to know what about the debt, because it's the debt payments that got us into the mess where health care got so badly attacked.

I'd be asking for a priority spending list and health care better be up near the top.

I'd be wanting to know if those rusty sinking subs were ever properly fixed and if not why not. And about the helicopter safety issue. Our armed forces deserve better than to fall out of the sky from a helicopter repaired with the apparent equivalent of old stretched out rubber bands and bailing wire. Or die of smoke inhalation on subs that never worked from the get go, and suffer frequent fires.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'm of course coming from a different point in life.. so my concern is families. I want more details on the proposals put out by the Conservatives, but at the same time like the Liberal's subsidized daycare (as I know if I were to have to go back to work, that is what I would have to have)

Health care is also a big issue, as we continue to be in an area where there aren't enough family Dr's, and no non-emergent clinics.

Those are the biggies for me... but since we're out of the way, and on the very edge of our riding (across the road is another riding), we'll never have anyone knockin' on our door! If one of the candidates were to actually make that effort, I'd probably vote for them just because they obviously care about something!

Cindy :)

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
ACEHearts said:
If one of the candidates were to actually make that effort, I'd probably vote for them just because they obviously care about something!

Cindy :)
I'm with you sister!!!! We haven't seen anything in our riding here in Kamloops.

My friend who came to tea today reminded me that yes, Betty Hinton the incumbent put her signs up when the snow drifts were still here before Christmas.

Now that it's all melted, the signs are blocking the kids from their usual bike paths and are a bit of a danger.

She'll probably make it back in unless some kid karomms off one of her signs and lands up in emergency for 24 hours waiting to be seen.

LOL it's politics as usual around here.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well we had a recorded call from the Liberal party candidate in our riding. Now that takes the cake.

We usually have a NDP and conservative candidate come to our door at least once. The NDP usually come around a couple of times only because we have an elderly gentleman here who is a strong NDP supporter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts