Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is everyone from? Do you enjoy living in Canada? Do we have any transplants from other countries?

I was born and raised here in Alberta, and I can't imagine living anywhere else. (How narrow-minded of me :rolleyes: ) I just thought it would be neat to get an idea of where everyone is...and even neater if we had members in every province and territory!

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'm from South-east Saskatchewan, near Estevan! We have a ranch down here and my hubby works in the oil patch.

·
Registered
491 Posts
My family moved around a lot, but I think of myself as being from Calgary. Fun to meet another Albertan, AheeK! What part of Alberta are you from?

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Im from PEI! I moved to Ontario when i was 18 finished my grade 12 and came back home after that.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I grew up just outside Grande Prairie, but now I'm living about an hour outside Edmonton. My brother lives in Calgary with his family. Every time I visit them I grumble about how all the roads have similar names...at least in Edmonton the streets are numbered! :D

Charlene, I'm so jealous! L.M. Montgomery is my favorite author and I desperately want to see PEI. Is it as beautiful as everyone says?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I live in Calgary, but I am from the States (Florida, NYC). I am still an American at heart and miss it. DH wants to attend seminary, so we are talking about moving back. Plus Calgary is sooo expensive now. :dis:

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I'm in Medicine Hat, Alberta and have been here for 10 yrs. But I was raised in northern BC and I miss it alot. Alberta is a beautiful place too, but it feels so different. In BC I was surrounded by mountains and trees and was walking distance to the ocean.

·
Registered
579 Posts
wow alot from out west...i'm in ontario, sault ste marie, on the ontario michigan border....born in ontario had a stint in quebec, all extended family are from quebec though....

have a good day eh!

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Im in Sudbury Ontario
Celina we were just visiting my sil in the Sault and went to the states to shop,I love the different things you can get at the American Walmart
You guys have alot of snow compared to what we do

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi All Canadians, I was born and raised in Calgary Alberta, but now I have resided to Edmonton I have been here for the last 6 months. It's great to see that there are others on this website trying to accomplish the same goals which is fantastic. Since I have moved It seems how I have changed my priorities drastically, compared to how I used to be wanting clothes and other items that really didn't matter now I am much happier with less considering I am going back to school in May which in fact I am quite excited about.:wave:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hi...I am in Southern Ontario....originally from Northern Ontario. I still have family up there so go back frequently. I like where I am. I am glad that we are meeting each other. I tell you I get jealous of all the coupon talk on this site....we don't seem to get those kind of deals here - just the occassional coupon here and there....and certainly no triple coupon days at my grocery store. Nice to meet all of you eh!!!!

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Aheek, sure is!!!
I get a great kick out of the tourist when i see them, i tell them bring dark clothes and good quality laundry detergent. lol Red soil is hard to get out.
But then we have PEI shirts in Cavendish(where LM Montgomery lived). theyre made in PEI soil, red dirt ones with our logo. lol
I sold my house 2 years ago , lived right across from the beach. If it wasnt for my family near by, i would of stayed and made it work out. Miss that part. But i still live 2 minutes away from the shore even when u live in town. lol

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi...I am in Southern Ontario....originally from Northern Ontario. I still have family up there so go back frequently. I like where I am. I am glad that we are meeting each other. I tell you I get jealous of all the coupon talk on this site....we don't seem to get those kind of deals here - just the occassional coupon here and there....and certainly no triple coupon days at my grocery store. Nice to meet all of you eh!!!!

I am jealous of the freebie talks! All the freebies say, "US Residents Only"...Ticks me off :yikes:

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Can't get much further East than here in Nova Scotia! :wave: I'm a Maritimer, born, raised and still residing. I guess I'm okay with living in Canada -- I have never lived anywhere other than Nova Scotia, so I really don't know what is the difference. I think that, eventually, :smooch: and I will move around a bit more, but for now it looks like we'll be here a few more years.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So far we have covered: Alberta, Saskatchewan, Ontario, PEI and Nova Scotia. Only three territories and five provinces left.....

Woohoo! The Frugal Village philosophy is spreading.... ;)

·
Registered
616 Posts
I live about 1 hour north of Toronto. I have always lived in Ontario except for one summer when I lived and worked in Lake Louise, Alberta.:grnwave:

1 - 20 of 114 Posts