Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found an easy way to clean out candle jars for reuse. Place the jar (w/out a lid) in a pot of water on the stove. Heat and pour out any remaining wax. Use a paper towel to wipe out and wash as you would any dish. I plan on stockpiling candle jars for next christmas.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
that seems easy enough. Thanks!

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Let us know what you decide to do with them ....I am always looking for new ideas.

I have a bunch of them. Gave some last Christmas for dog treat jars....think a couple are posted in my album. Also put some Xmas fabric around some and put candy in them - used wrapped candy since I didn't want it to pick up any left over scent and taste funny.

I catch them as they are burning almost out and dump the wax, then wipe them out. The wick will pop right out with a little prodding from a knife.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Another way to get the wax out is to place them in the freezer for a few hours. If you then turn the jar over and hit the bottom the wax will usually come right out. I routinely do this and the cheapskate takes over and I break up the old wax and put the pieces in a new jar of the same sent. I usually soak the jars in some bleach and warm water to clean them and then use them for jelly jars (I seal them the old fashioned way with paraffin).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts