No, but I'd like one.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
That is neat !

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
I'm not sure I understand the principle behind it. Don't candles get warm all on their own while they are lit? It's not like coffee or tea that you don't want to get cold...a candle stays warm, no?

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I have two of those things for coffee cups :)

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
They are the same things as used for keeping coffee or a cup of tea hot. I have two (coffee cup warmers I bought them as) and they work great! What they do is melt the wax and the scent goes all through the room. You can place the candle in it's glass holder and all and put it right on this holder. No need to worry about fires. I also use the old liquid potpourri pots that are electric and place scented candle wax in one of those and let it go all day long. The wax and scent never seems to fade, either and I've left them on all night without any problems. Sicne I began using these, I seldom burn candles anymore but still get to enjoy the lovely fragrance as much as I want.

I've found many "old" coffee cup warmers and small electric potpourri pots at yard sales and second hand stores. I kind of chuckled to see them now selling as something "new".

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I have one more thing to add about melting wax that I've done a lot. I use old coffe makers like Mr Coffee and put candle wax in the glass carafe and let it melt the wax for me. I save all the leftover candle wax and put it in the pot to melt it. Sometimes it takes a long time if you have a lot of candle pieces but I've yet to have a pot not melt all the way eventually. This is yet another alternative to melting wax and scenting your home or pouring the melted wax into your own candle molds with wicks.

The only drawback to this is using electricity but the advantage is that there is no smoke and soot like you get from a burning candle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts