Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just reading about this tuna recall. Might want to check your cans as I would say a 'potential' lose seal could be important to avoid.

No states were given where sold but a LONG list of dates, etc. Bumble bee brand is one brand........

Here is the article:

2 popular canned tuna brands get recalled- MSN Money

The sites that were referred to in the article: Lists the UPC codes and dates.........

Bumble Bee Foods Issues Voluntary Recall On Specific Codes Of 5-Ounce Chunk White Albacore And Chunk Light Tuna Products Due To Loose Seals and..........this one........

Tri-Union Seafood Issues Voluntary Recall on Select 5-Ounce Chunk White Albacore Tuna in Water

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Thanks FF. I will check the cans

·
19,119 Posts
Mahalo FF - good info!

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mahalo FF - good info!
I had to save the article so I could check my cans!! UGH........... It must have gone to too many states to list.

Sometimes my tuna can 'hang around' awhile and I don't think I would want bad seals hanging around long. That stuff always has a expiration date that is wwwwaaaayyyy out there.............PLUS..........I give some of it to food banks!! :ack:

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Thank you, frugalfanny ♥ I printed out both lists and will check our cans. We love tuna salad sandwiches.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts