Frugal Village Forums banner

Canned tuna recall...........no states given...but brand is...

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Ramona 
#1 ·
Was just reading about this tuna recall. Might want to check your cans as I would say a 'potential' lose seal could be important to avoid.

No states were given where sold but a LONG list of dates, etc. Bumble bee brand is one brand........

Here is the article:

2 popular canned tuna brands get recalled- MSN Money

The sites that were referred to in the article: Lists the UPC codes and dates.........

Bumble Bee Foods Issues Voluntary Recall On Specific Codes Of 5-Ounce Chunk White Albacore And Chunk Light Tuna Products Due To Loose Seals and..........this one........

Tri-Union Seafood Issues Voluntary Recall on Select 5-Ounce Chunk White Albacore Tuna in Water

#2 ·
Thanks FF. I will check the cans

#3 ·
Mahalo FF - good info!

#4 ·
I had to save the article so I could check my cans!! UGH........... It must have gone to too many states to list.

Sometimes my tuna can 'hang around' awhile and I don't think I would want bad seals hanging around long. That stuff always has a expiration date that is wwwwaaaayyyy out there.............PLUS..........I give some of it to food banks!! :ack:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.