Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ugh. I can't get to sleep. It's like my legs are restless, i can't relax them enough to get to sleep, and i keep getting Charlie horses in them over and over again during the night. I have been dealing wiht this for about, maybe 4 nights in a row now. I simply can't relax at all. What little sleep I have gotten was tossing and turning. Anyone else have nights like this? What do you do to relax yourself??

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
The charlie horses might be from a lack of potassium in your system. Eat bananas and drink a lot of water to go with them. Might help some.

As for relaxing, about 1/2 hour before I want to go to bed, I drink a hot mug of Celestial Seasonings, Sleepytime Tea. For really stressed evenings, I will use 2 bags of the tea in the mug. Really seems to work for me.

I hope you find a solution very soon about your legs. I remember getting those all the time when I was in high school. They really hurt.

·
27,948 Posts
I second the banana advice. :D ( good advice Cheryl!)
A nice warm bath before bed might help too. Hope it clears up for you soon, it drives me nuts when it happens to me.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Melissa...(((((hugs))))):hugz: I hope you can get some sleep eventually...Sleep is so imortant...

What is *Charlie horses* in our legs?

·
27,948 Posts
simplemom said:
Melissa...(((((hugs))))):hugz: I hope you can get some sleep eventually...Sleep is so imortant...

What is *Charlie horses* in our legs?
Charlie horses are leg cramps( spasms). They are not fun.
Just read a site on those & it said besides streaching properly before exercising Stay Hydrated.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Oh Melissa, I'm sorry, I know how not sleeping just ruins the whole day...... Try a sleep aid for just a day or two and see if your sleep pattern returns........ I hope the cramps stop and you and get some sleep !!!!!!!!!!!:D

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
I feel for you, I have the same problems. Potassium helps with the leg cramps, I take a suplement when I can remember or like was already said a banana a day keeps the cramps away..lol.

With the sleep I can't help, I am so exhausted all the time but still have a hard time sleeping or even just getting to sleep.

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Melissa,
Have you ever tried a sound machine? Both me and dd use one that plays the sound of rain. On those nights I can't get to sleep otherwise, it really comes in handy. I second the advise on potassium and add maybe you are low on calcium as well. That can affect your legs. I hope you can get a good nights sleep tonight.

pat

·
Registered
325 Posts
This happens to me every pregnancy. I was getting a lot of middle of the night charlie horses for a while and my doctor told me that I wasn't drinking enough water and that I needed to do a couple of toe touch kind of stretches before bed. I haven't had any problems since.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Hope you have a restful night tonight and no leg cramps! :hugz:

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Talk to your doctor before you try this, but a friend of mine takes 800 mg Vit. E for leg cramps. She swears by it!

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
To relieve them, try pulling your toes up (towards your knees) as far as you can and hold them there. My urge when I have them is to let my toes curl up, but stretching them out actually shortens the cramp time.

I drink Sleepytime Tea or another chamomile tea when I need to relax. I also pray the rosary.

Hope you have a restful night tonight, Melissa! :hugz:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts