Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been really looking forward to today. One of our BIGGEST car boot sales was on.

It's been really hot here all week - just like Summer. Today is FREEZING! LOL.

I went anyway (as I'm so addicted) but the kids were really fed up and it really was too cold to take time to look at anything properly like I might have done if the weather was nice. :(

Picked up a music dance mat that Sashka wanted and doesn't work!!!! (that really pees me off!) A coat (as I was SO cold LOL)

A mannequin head (for eBay stuff) and a pic (the one thing I'm REALLY happy with) I'm doing the seaside room at home and plus my Dad LOVED the sea (and I still miss him sooooo much) AND he used to go to a 12 step meeting where they used the serenity prayer regulary so: the pic is of the raging sea WITH the serenity prayer underneath and it cost me £1 :) Perfect.

Apart from that, I should've stayed in bed LOL - the kids are moaning and I've still got my coat on and my hands are numb - going to wrap them round a hot cup of coffee now. :)

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Sounds like fun. ;) lol
Glad you found a couple of treasures at least!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Just curious, What is a car boot sale? I take it that it is something like a yard sale? :)

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Yes it is. They don't do "garage sales" in the U.K. (and LOTS of other countries) they have car boot sales out of the trunks of their cars......it's just a smaller version of our garage sale ;)

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Car boot sale is like our flea market........
Bev, glad you found a few goodies..............:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts