Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maria is outgrowing her baby seat and we need to get the next size of car seat- soon!  I've been shopping around, and today I'm doing research online, but I'd really like to hear what you guys use and if you like them. 

I've looked at a model by Evenflo that looks good- it can be turned around backwards and then faces forward up to 80lbs as a booster.

Any tips?

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
that sounds great. just remember when they face forward, they must be 1 yr. AND 20 lbs. i have actually heard that it is best to keep them rear-facing till about 18 months. i don't think morgan would fit that long. he is already 22lbs, but doesn't turn a yr. for 2 more months.
amy, i would just keep up the research. i'm sure you'll pick the right one. also, if you are unsure how to install correctly, you can take it and your car to the local police station or fire staion and they will install it for you.:D good luck. we are about to look for a new one soon too.

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
test run the ones in the store. Put maria in the seats, if you can put them somewhere safe, to do so. Is she comfortable in the seat? Is it adjustable to fit her as she grows? If your friends have the seats...ask to borrow them, test them in your car. sounds silly but i heard to fill a bag with potatoes till it is the weight of your kiddo...Put it in your car and drive around a little while see how the fit of the the seat is when it is in use in your own car. Different seats work better in different types of vehicles. Look for a stamp of approval from car manufacturer unions, or saftey unions. Research, research, research... That's the only tips i have. Sorry i couldn't be more help.

Oh, yeah, BTW we have a Graco ( i think that is the name) :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.