M&m's popcorn balls.

What you'll need:
1 9-oz. bag popped popcorn
2 10-oz. bags marshmallows
1 bag DOVE® Milk or Dark Chocolate Gifts
2 tablespoons shortening
1 bag "M&M's"® Milk Chocolate Candies for the Holidays
What to do:

Unwrap and place 1/2 bag of DOVE® Milk or Dark Chocolate Gifts in a mixing bowl. Place the mixing bowl over of pot of simmering water and stir the mixture as it melts. When mixture is shiny and smooth, turn off the heat.

Melt marshmallows in sauce pan with shortening until smooth.
Combine marshmallow with chocolate.

Place popcorn in a large bowl, pour melted chocolate mixture over popcorn, add "M&M's"® Milk Chocolate Candies for the Holidays, form into balls and place onto waxed paper to set.

Mixture will be very sticky, greasing hands with a bit of butter prior to forming balls will help.
Makes 12 balls.

Yum yum yum
I love how they are wrapped too. :)

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
MMMMMMMMMMMMM !!!!! Thanks !! Might be a good gift to give to myself too !!!!

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Mmm Thanks Sara!

·
Registered
42 Posts
MMMM! :mm: Thanks for the recipes! I always see them at the kids' school parties, but never knew how to do that!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Another tip to try is to run your hands under very cold water before forming - the mixture won't stick to your hands and you don't have the yucky butter to get off.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Thanks Sara, you read my mind! I was going to post and see if anyone had recipes for these today!

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Danielle!!! Quit bumping all these delicious but fattening food recipes LOL

Kathryn came home from school with a popcorn ball last week and was talking about how much she loved it. I'm going to have to make these with her soon.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AngeleeBob
1,471 Posts
I was going to do a search for this recipe today! Thanks Danielle

·
Registered
7,856 Posts
Some of my favorite popcorn recipes

WHITE CHOCOLATE POPCORN BALLS
(I give these as gifts)

10 cups popped popcorn
1 cup chopped pecans
4 ounces white baking chocolate, coarely chopped (I've used white chocolate chips)
1/2 cup butter
4 cups mini marshmallows

Combine the popcorn, pecans, and chocolate in a large bowl. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add the marshmallows- melt and stir until the mixture is smooth. Pout the moxture over the popcorn mixture and toss until well coated. Dampen hands and shpe the mixture into 2 1/2 inch balls. Cool completely on greased alulminum foil. Wrap each ball in cellophone or plastic wrap. Makes about 18 popcorn balls.

MICROWAVE CARAMEL CORN

16 C. popped corn
1/2 c. margarine
1/4 c. light corn syrup
1/2 t. salt
1 c. brown sugar
1 t. vanilla

Combine margarine, syrup, salt and brown sugar in an 8-cup microwavesafe bowl. Microwave for 2 minutes on High. Sitr and microwave for 3 minutes on High. Sitr after each minute. Add the vanilla; stir. Put popped corn in a brown paper grocery bag and our the caramel mixture over it. Fold down top and mocrowave on High as follows: 1 minute and shake, 1 minute and shake, 30 seconds and shake, 30 seconds and shake. Pour into large bowl. Ready to serve when cool.

JELLO POPCORN BALLS

1 box Jell-O
1 c. sugar
1 c. white syrup
1 t. vanilla

Mix jello, sugar and syrup. Bring to a boil. Cook about 1 minute. Remove from heat. Add vanilla. Pour over large pan of popcorn. Mix, then make into balls.

I like to do this in school colors for homecoming, in holiday colors, etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts