Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello this is stacy. i have a very old, very valuable antuque oriental carpet (plus a few other less valuable & less old ones) that is in need of both cleaning and some restoration work, can anyone recommend a reliable place to do it?(Los Angeles and surrounding areas)

Thanks
Stacy

·
Registered
1 Posts
There are many people around who hold strong beliefs about carpet cleaning or upholstery cleaning, that are simply fallacious. These people are not to be blamed however, because these beliefs are quite common and have been propagated widely over the years, sometimes by recognized and established carpet cleaners.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Not in you area but hope you find someone reputable!
If of any value to you then I would go with a professional.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi wesley9k2,

That's really great you have very valuable antique oriental carpet , many few ppl has their own antiqued piece of art. To maintain them clean is quite time and price consuming, if you are searching any cleaning provider , surf local listing first , you can collect data from local classifieds, newspaper and all. If it doesn't work search online , it might help you.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I would use Google to find someplace. Check for reviews, and possibly guarantees or insurances. Checking with a museum curator might get you some advice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts