Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen this on a lot of the decorating shows on HGTV. Has anyone tried them or heard anything about them?

Here's a site with some examples:

http://www.flor.com/

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
Michelle,
I've never used it, but I love it when they do on tv. It looks great, particularly for DIY jobs.

·
Registered
49 Posts
It is expensive! I thought it would be ALOT cheaper than regular carpet but it really isn't and it doesn't come with padding?! But it does look nice :)

·
Registered
906 Posts
My sister had some in her house. We didn't like it. It looks good for a short time but then you start seeing seems and if climate/conditions are not perfect, it starts coming up.

Reactions: Michelle

·
Registered
860 Posts
I really looked into this, thinking it would save DH and I a lot of money. The problems are as someone else mentioned; the carpet itself is costly and almost no padding!

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
I had these in my bedroom growing up. They always looked good and the seams never showed....hmmm, maybe bcause they were a higher pile? Maybe the qualities not the same as they were years ago?

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Every day I watch something on HGTV, and every day they're using those tiles. I am thinking of getting some to put down over this disgusting raspberry wall-to-wall carpet I have in the MBR and the living room. I'd rip up the rugsin a heartbeat if there were hardwood floors underneath.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts