Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw her perform on AI and thought she looked really thin. Is it just my imagination? I swear I could see her bones. Does anyone else think she has lost a noticable amount of weight? One of the things I liked about her was she seemed to be a "normal" size girl, not too thin and not too heavy. To me she almost looked sickly thin. Am I crazy or did anyone else notice?

·
8,714 Posts
~Yeah, I noticed last fall that she'd lost a little weight, but she looks completely healthy to me. I hope you're not implying that girls under 125lbs aren't "normal" looking to you.~

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
I noticed it too. Hope she doesn't lose anymore.

I don't even want to talk about the rest of the show.

As Simon said, "was the volume turned down?"

It's a singing competition. Obviously people don't know a good singer when they hear one.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Carrie has been a vegetarian since before she went on AI. And she has lost a significant amount of weight. It was one of the cover stories on US Weekly a few months back. I think she looked better before.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
~I hope you're not implying that girls under 125lbs aren't "normal" looking to you.~
I pretty much speak my mind and have no reason to imply anything. Also, I never mentioned a certain weight. For example, 125 lbs on me is too heavy. I have a small frame and am lacking in the height department. My ideal weight is 110 lbs MAX. I did not even break 110 lbs until I was prego w/DD. Then you have girls like my DD who at age 13 is already 5'7", medium build, has D cup breasts and is 150 lbs. Ideally she should weigh in the 135 lb range, and 125 is too thin for her. What is a healthy weight for one is not going to be a healthy weight for another. So I never mention numbers when speaking of someone's size since the numbers are only relative to the individual. I refer to someone as being too thin, too heavy, or normal.

What I did say was, in the past I felt she had not been too thin and not too heavy. I said she had appeared to be a normal size in the past, to me. Maybe I should have not used the wording "normal size". Possibly I should have used the words "good size" or "nice size". Either way IMO she looked too thin tonight. When I saw her I gasped because her arms looked like Nikole Richie's to me. They looked like toothpicks, no muscle tone, no shape. If TV adds weight to you, I am afraid to see how thin she is real life. For example, two months ago I ran into Neal Patrick Harris (from Doogie Houser and How I Met Your Mother). I was amazed at how much different he looked face to face than on my television. The difference in what he looks like on TV and in real life is conciderable, much thinner in person. Carrie looked better before she lost weight IMO.

FWIW, what is normal looking to each of us is different and purely a matter of personal opinion. My dad has no arms, breathes from a hole in his neck, missing a six inch by two inch part of his skull, and has burn scares over most of his body, but he looks normal to me...

As far as the show tonight.....I am so glad Antonella is gone. Sanjaya is getting the votes from the little girls like Chicken Little did last year. I think Sanjaya should have been gone before Sundance. But, that is just the way it goes. I don't vote so I cannot rightfully complain. I am hoping Haley and Sanjaya are the next to go., and I wish they would quit airing AI at the same time as Survivor, it is messing me up.

·
8,714 Posts
I have a small frame and am lacking in the height department. My ideal weight is 110 lbs MAX. What is a healthy weight for one is not going to be a healthy weight for another. Carrie looked better before she lost weight IMO.
~She's only 5'4" and weighs 110lbs. She's small-framed too. But when you wear 4 inch heels and leggings, it stretches you out to a thinner "perceived" look. I don't believe she's trying to get thinner. I think it's a combination of working like crazy and being a vegetarian.~

1 - 8 of 8 Posts