Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed the latest accessory people are carrying now is the water bottle.  When I'm working in our store I often look at handbags and what people are carrying.  My latest findings are that Japanese girls have the best handbags and every second person is carrying a water bottle.  The water accessory has been around for a few years now but lately even men and older people are carrying their own water.

Is this the same where you live?

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
It's the same here. I cary my own water bottle too. I even have a water bottle bag. It is mostly mesh, has a drawstring tie up top and then hangs on my shoulder with nylon straps. I am always thirsty, so having water at hand saves me from buying a soda or a glass of overpriced Iced tea. Plus I can refill it at any drinking fountain while shopping too.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I never really thought about it until now, but yes, I do see TONS of people walking around with them.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
I don't have a holder, but carry a water bottle almost everywhere and if I forget one or forget to refill one here at home, I pick one up. lol Need to stay hydrated. :D

The kids both have cute little water bottles and I take them out of their insulators and partially freeze the water before we head out to the park, so the kids are carrying water bottles too.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
yep here too. though not very many people with holders for them. the bad thing is is that most people leave them in teh shopping carts when they are done instead of asking where a trashcan is so we are constantly having to empty the carts of bottles and cups.

i usually have one on my desk at work. i don't function well if i am dehydrated. i usually have 2 in the fridge at work and when i finish 1 i bring it home ti wash and then refill. it's 1.10 for a bottle of water out of the machine and it's a smaller bottle than i what i bring from home.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Well, I always make sure I have water with me, because I don't drink soda and that is almost all that is available out-and-about. I do have an insulated carrier, but I generally only take that on vcation with me. If I don't take water to the store with me, I end up buying a bottle, and it is cheaper to brin my own- I always need a drink when I get back in the car.

I don't think I've ever thought of it as an accessory, though. For me, it is a necessity. My family used to pick on me- telling me I had an oral fixation- because I carried water around with me even as a small child.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I have a few water bottles, always carry water w/me wherever I go. I drink alot of water & keep extra bottles of bottled water in my SUV! Sometimes chilled in the cooler & for the girlz :paw: I freeze a plastic container from Chinese soup they're a bit stronger than the other cheap plastic deli containers so this way while we're out the lick the ice & doesn't spill in my suv, also stays colder longer. It's buckled in a small IGLOO cooler in the back 3rd seat area.

A few years ago the only water bottle holder for tiny 8 oz bottles (I always carried them in my purse) that I could find was a POOH insulated sleeve w/a snap @ SEARS. This was good while babysitting little Joey he always had to be just like me his brother & sister always drank soda but he wanted water. So I bought one for him also. When we'd go for a walk he'd remember to take it w/him & we froze tiny ice cubes to fit the bottle w/the sport cap.

I saw a black leather bottle holder w/a zippered pouch on the front & a drawstring toggle closure in the mall & HTH it since I wore a leather mini-skirt & leather purse.

The really simple mesh fabric water bottle holder like a laundry bag I bought in the grocery store came w/a liter bottle & had a drawstring toggle closure.

The best water bottle holders I have are neoprene I bought a few of them @ TARGET a couple years ago.

The best water bottle that keeps icy ice cold is a Thermos stainless water bottle w/the sport top. I can fill it w/ice cubes when going out to dinner & on the way home not much will melt. I forgot it in my SUV overnight & the next day it was a hot humid day it was still icy cool w/a few cubes left. The only bad part is when holding it in the sun can get hot so I put this into the neoprene water bottle holder. Also I can carry it by the drawstring toggle closure or use a carabiner keyring to attach it to my bag.

While @ TARGET they have really pretty EDDIE BAUER water bottles w/the flip-up drink spout. These I keep filled half-way w/water in the freezer. I just add some cold water & it stays cold a bit longer while going out.

I bought a pretty purple one I think @ CVS which had a bottle of water already in it & the top folds over the water bottle w/the opening for the bottles neck & the piece that folds over has a zippered compartment big enough to hold my credit card that's all I ever need when out shopping since it's got a removable sholder strap.

While shopping @ PATHMARK they had these quilted bags similar to Vera Bradley but not as expensive. I have a VB original duffel bag I bought @ the thrift shop many years ago which I love. When on vacation in Rockport MA I saw a few of them in a shop there. Our hospital gift shop sells them too. I really wanted to buy one a few years ago but they never had the one I wanted back in stock.

http://www.verabradley.com/

http://www.verabradley.com/ProductDetail.aspx?qs1=11553
looks exactly like this color/print

but they're called Taylor Lane I bought the tall shopper tote & inside has a few quilted pockets sewn around the inside & I can fit an Evian flip-cap water bottle which is inside a neoprene water bottle holder. I just wished the small handbag or shoppers tote wasn't sold out I didn't find out about these bags until a few weeks ago & the 1st time I bought the one then went back the next week & the display was taken down & a few were left so I bought the backpack style for Patty & me. It only has one divider compartment & a small zippered compartment on the back.

:paw: ~ANDREA~ :paw:

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
I see a lot of people carrying water bottles.Not with any holder,just a bottled water.

I dont leave my house with bottled water. Steve will get so upset because I have been known to get a few miles down the road and will come back home to get my water. And he picks on me because I leave my "mark" everywhere I go.They're in my van,his truck,ashley's car,outside,on my desk... :D

Just remembered..I even have a PICTURE of my water rofl

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
Couldn't edit....I meant to say I dont leave my house WITHOUT bottled water :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts