Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used those bag grabbers? The plastic holder that carries a few grocery bags at a time?

I am thinking of tossing a box in my trunk to carry more bags at a time. lol

G

·
Something that works really well is to keep a laundry basket or two in your trunk.

Grocery bags don't slide around.

Handles on laundry basket make for easier carrying!

Dawn

·
Registered
12 Posts
That's a good idea.

Duh, why didn't I think of that? /phpbb/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

G

·
My car has a huge trunk, and I carry
two coolers in the summer to put my
cold items in -- they're easy to carry
into the house and put away. The rest
of the groceries -- I leave them in the
trunk for my hubby -- he just loads up
his arms with the plastic handles and
usually manages to carry in all the
groceries in only two trips ...

Ketzel

·
Registered
56 Posts
Those plastic holders for you to carry in more than one plastic bag at a time are pretty good. My Mom likes hers. Now she has a mini van that has hooks in the back to keep the plastic bags upright rather than falling all over the place while the vehicle is moving. She uses it to take the plastic bags into the house.

She uses her plastic bag holder when she goes to the flea markets and garage sales, too. It's really neat and you don't forget to take the other bags with you into the house after you are done going to garage sales. /phpbb/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

[email protected]

www.zuggyscouponplace.eboard.com

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I use my key clip to hold lots of bags to take in the house.

·
Registered
62 Posts
An option I just saw was using a D ring (you know like for climbing) it is metal so you can carry tons, and your hand fits well in the grip.

Reactions: Trishagirl

·
Super Moderator
19,683 Posts
Wow, an antique post! Interesting to think when this was first posted, terrorists weren't on the radar of most people yet and not that many people had cell phones. Amazing how fast things are changing.

IMO, your best bet is to use canvas bags. And I do mean canvas, not those cheap reusable things. If you can remember to retrieve gizmos to carry plastic bags, then it's easy enough to remember to bring canvas bags and forget the plastic entirely.

I have canvas bags I've used at least once a week for fifteen years, and they're a long way from being worn out. They are far sturdier than plastic, and they can be loaded very heavily if need be. I have one that holds three gallons of water or milk, and several that hold two gallons with space left over. Using them has become such a habit, we have to remind ourselves now NOT to use them when we need some plastic bags for use as trash bags. The handles on the canvas bags are webbing, so they don't cut into your fingers.

I refuse to shop at Walmart without my canvas bags, on the rare occasions we shop at Walmart. Their bags are so crappy and the checkers don't know how to pack them. It's crazy to put a half gallon jar of olives in one of those plastic bags.

Canvas works best for places like Lowe's, too, where we often buy items packaged in those hard plastic cases that are so good at slicing plastic bags like nothing.

We have a plastic tote in the back of our van to put stuff in so it doesn't roll around.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Wow, an antique post! Interesting to think when this was first posted, terrorists weren't on the radar of most people yet and not that many people had cell phones. Amazing how fast things are changing.
lol I didn't even notice the date of the OP.

Reactions: Spirit Deer

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
2001 seems to me to be a lifetime ago. Seems so far back in time that it is hard to remember it.
Little Miss was an infant.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I use one of these inherited from mom:

Market Basket sells them for $10, mine collapses flat, I don't know about the MB ones.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Yes Mimi my key clip is a D clip.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts