Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that I've read about budgeting with the envelope system before & it's been discussed on the forums, as well.
I think for some it works great, others...........not so great.

But if your like me and was wondering if it would work for you, or wondering how complicated it might be to implement, this how-to video helps to explain it~simply.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
very interesting

·
Registered
76 Posts
thanks a bunch!!

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought I might also add that we are going to give this a go next month~June.
I have my envelopes all made out & I'll try to remember to come back here and let everyone know how it goes.

We have tried an envelope system in the past but it just didn't work for us, but I'm really hoping with writing everything down on the front of the envelopes and keeping up with the receipts, it will help us to keep a better handle on things.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Thanks for sharing the video on how the envelope system works. this is exactly what I've been struggling with. I now know how to begin!!
thanks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The video was great because it showed "visuals", but I still am not sure how to switch us over to an envelope system. I dont have a big chunk of $400 out of one paycheck to add to one envelope. (We dont spend that much each month on Groceries either.) We live off just hubbys income. I guess you would try to fill as many envelopes at the first of the month? I see the concept, just cant figure it out for us. lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts