Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yield: about 2 1/4 cups thick cream or 3 1/2 cups regular cream

2 cups whole raw cashews (not pieces, which are often dry), rinsed very well under cold water
Fresh cold water

Step 1
Put the cashews in a bowl and add cold water to cover them. Cover the bowl and refrigerate overnight.
Step 2
Drain the cashews and rinse under cold water. Place in a blender with enough fresh cold water to cover them by 1 inch. Blend on high for several minutes until very smooth. (If you're not using a professional high-speed blender such as a Vita-Mix, which creates an ultra-smooth cream, strain the cashew cream through a fine-mesh sieve.)
Step 3
To make thick cashew cream, which some of the recipes in this book call for, simply reduce the amount of water in the blender, so that the water just covers the cashews.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Niko, what would the cashew cream be used for or in?
Sounds good, I may try to make this.

Reactions: NikoSan999

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Niko,

I use cook a lot of "raw" foods and love cashew cream.

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Niko, what would the cashew cream be used for or in?
Sounds good, I may try to make this.
Cheryl, anything you would use cream for. This also falls under vegetarian and/or vegan

Cake/brownie frosting would be a good example. Slight nutty flavor.
Any recipe that calls for milk/cream etc that a flavor such as this would be pleasurable.

To me it would be anything, that after tasting it, you could use your imagination in using it in.

A small amount in fudge. A small amount in a cake, say angel food cake instead of water. Not instead of but a couple tablespoons in place of

Reactions: Labontet

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Those ideas sound wonderful Jackie. I plan on trying this, it really sounds like something I would like to use. Can't believe that I have never heard of it before.
Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts