Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:thud:

So here's the story:

:smooch: was never a spendthrift -- generally he's pretty good about being frugal and helping me out. But he and I are both way too impulsive. At any time, we'll both say, "Let's go out to eat" or "Let's go see that movie" or something else. But truth be told, we can't really afford it.

Well, enter "Rich by Thirty" -- a little paperback :smooch: picked up at the bookstore when I went in to buy my copy of "The Secret". Now he's all about saving money. He's talking about when <i>we</i> have a house, and when <i>we</i> can start saving for our retirement, and when <i>we</i> can begin thinking about travelling. It's fantastic! I am so happy.

In a sense, I can attribute it to the power of attraction -- I asked him to look into setting up a budget and stuff before, and he wasn't keen on the idea. Three months later, he is ready and we can begin looking at our financial future with a broader scope than just the end of the month. That's a great feeling. :)

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
OMG arent u lucky, but if you want to faint go ahead, I will try my best to catch you, lol

I would faint too, my DH would never ever be talking like that so congrats to you!

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Good for ya'll for getting on the same page concerning finances.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Good for you! And for him! Starting early can make a HUGE difference.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Are your practicing the power of attraction? I am and I can see it. I think some of the ladies on my other board think Im nuts but "the secret" works.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
That is so awesome!! Good for you! I wish some of that could rub off on my "spendthrift" hubby! He has come a long way since I met him though. Wore him down some over time, LOL! :crackup:

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Awesome!! Makes it sooo much easier for you.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
That's so awesome! Your sweetie sounds like such a wonderful guy!

·
27,948 Posts
Woohoo! What comes around goes around. Reap your little heart out.:)

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Wow!! Very lucky woman, you are! :)

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
That's wonderful! My fiance is trying to help keep our food budget close to $200 a month and he's getting better at looking for sales and deals now.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
You both will be so thankful, you took this step. CONGRATS!

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
SO exciting when everyone is on board!!!

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Thats great news!! WTG! I wish me and hubby were always on the same track, he warries off a little much at times lol

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
That's great. I'm so happy he's onboard. It will make things so much easier on you and a lot more fun!!

Also love the new avatar.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
What a great :smooch:! Good for both of you.

--Michelle

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Thats great Nada! Im so happy for you BOTH and wish you BOTH all the best with your future!! Its hard to find someone totally on the same page as you, but its definately faint worthy when it comes outta HIS mouth of his OWN accord eh? :lol: Congrats!!! :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts