Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Very good article, thanks Sara. It really is sad to see so many people living from paycheck to paycheck. Prices go up but wages don't. I really appreciated how hard the dad was working and saving wherever he could but the second family with the motor home seemed like they were shooting themselves in the foot with such an extravagant purchase. They can't afford to have that motorhome and should sell it asap.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Sara that was a great article. That dad would make a wonderful example on how to live to the best of your ability. He would make a great mentor. I can't say the same for the family with the motorhome what were they thinking. I love articles like this you can learn so much from them. Thanks.

Monner 1

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
I agree about the dad. He wasn't giving in to his kids just to be a "nice dad". He was teaching them tha tthey must live within their means. However, I would NOT have tossed the no-name cereal noxes. The kids need to see that the off brands are just as good as the name brand stuff!

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Good article. I got five boxes of Kellogg's cereal FREE this week, by combining a sale, in-store instant rebate, and double coupons. I can usually get name brand cereal much cheaper than the store brand cereal at Aldi's. I do buy the Malt-o-Meal cereals in the bag, also, but I wait until they are on sale, and I have a coupon. By stocking up, I never have to buy cereal (or just about anything else) at the regular price. The cost of housing is less here in Kansas, but the three people in our family live on less than half of the single father's income in the article.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts