Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are a bunch of challenges but let's combine "brown bag" and a "waste free" lunch. I try to take my food in reusable containers. I need to take my water and drinks in reusable containers. I do drink soda so I put my bottles in the recycle bin at school (my school is a green school).

It was easier to put my food in reusable containers than I had thought, even my sandwiches and chips, they aren't getting crushed any more. I think it was more out of habit grabbing the plastic baggies than the containers.

I say let's give it a try! I hope you don't mind Jilly.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I'm in on this one! I always use some sort of tupperware or reusable container for my lunch. I agree, nothing gets crushed and I portion out my chips in a single serving instead of eating way too many. One day last week I brought a salad and I used 5 containers to bring all of the extras in! LOL

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Those look like just the perfect size Madhen and it comes with silverware! I keep 1 place setting of silverware in my drawer at work so I don't have to use the plastic that they have here at work.

Reactions: madhen

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
i love the tray, i just dont eat that much food or enough different things to fill each tray :shake: so sad

Reactions: madhen

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I love those trays, may I ask who makes them and are they microwave safe? Something like that would be perfect for packing leftover dinners into for my dh to take to work for lunches.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
This is one of my favorite new things. I am sure your smart & crafty ladies could figure out how to make it on your own. It's called a wrap-n-mat. One of the committees I sit on handed them out at a workshop. 150 of them gone in 35 minutes or so :)

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The wrap and mat is cool looking. I'm always paranoid about germs when I'm putting my lunch down on the table, I usually lay down a paper towel. Now it will be a cloth napkin.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I always pack my lil pb&j in a bread bag. When I open a new loaf I have a new bag (from the just emptied bag). :) Also, I have a Rubbermaid 20 oz drink bottle I take my water in. I keep a gallon of water at work and just refill as needed.

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
I love those trays, may I ask who makes them and are they microwave safe? Something like that would be perfect for packing leftover dinners into for my dh to take to work for lunches.
The box has a little symbol showing it is microwave and d/w safe.

I got it at the Grocery Outlet. If I am reading the label correctly, the mfr is "Frooshii," and the distributor is Ideal Distributing. They were only $3.00 each, so I grabbed two. :)

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
i love the tray, i just dont eat that much food or enough different things to fill each tray :shake: so sad
Well, no one says you have to FILL the compartment! :)

I could see a baked potato in the bigger tray, and maybe some grapes and apples in the other two. Or an Oreo.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Wow what a wonderful challenge. I'll join!

I'm currently unemployed but I will do this for my husband who works everyday. I will start making lunches for him in the reusable containers. Hopefully he will like taking his lunch to work instead of eating out all the time. :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
I know there are a bunch of challenges but let's combine "brown bag" and a "waste free" lunch. I try to take my food in reusable containers. I need to take my water and drinks in reusable containers. I do drink soda so I put my bottles in the recycle bin at school (my school is a green school).

I say let's give it a try! I hope you don't mind Jilly.
Raven- I think this is a fantastic idea!! You have my 100% support!!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have to join this challenge. I bring my lunch everyday to work. I slipped on Friday with my co-worker and went out to lunch....never again. :(

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I just packed my lunch for tomorrow. I have leftover chicken and veggies in a tupperware container and a few cookies in another tupperware container. I made some ice tea and it's in a nalgeen bottle all ready to go tomorrow morning!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts