Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you use the money from your change jars?

·
Registered
566 Posts
towards vaction

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
i use the coin star machine, then go grocery shopping.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Lunch money...and we don't take any out for a while, so we also use it for a vacation fund

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
We save all of our change and give it to Wesley for his piggy bank. He LOVES getting money.

When the piggy's full, he takes it to the bank and puts it into his savings account, which is for his college.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
I use mine for my special get-a-ways. When I want a day or two to myself DH gets a suite at my favorite hotel for me and my dog.

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
Tickets for the annual renaissance festival

·
Registered
294 Posts
Since Im trying to build an emergency fund I think it will go towards that for now...eventually I would like to use it for fun money or vacations.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm using it toward Christmas:santasm2:

·
Registered
264 Posts
I plan to use mine to help fund a trip to another state for my kids to see their dad between summer visitations.

Unfortunately, I've had to raid it a couple of times for gas money during the really high prices we had. :bang:

·
4,028 Posts
Tickets for the annual renaissance festival
That was last year, dear. This year it has already been deposited into the account and rolled into last months debt snowball. :whirly: We'll be needing to save for Ren Faire tickets... oops!

·
Registered
602 Posts
My daughter takes all my change and splits it between 2 change jars... one is for rides at the mall and one is for disney world. She had one for each at my house and one for each at my parents house.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
We've decided not to use it, and keep it at home for a sort of mini EF. We call it our "bail money."

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
We're about to cash ours in this Saturday. We use it for spending money on vacation. :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
It is DDs Port Discovery membership or Aquarium, she gets a chance to pick, only one membership a year. My change jar does not include quarters. Quarters go to a different jar and they get deposited in the bank.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts