Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much has your style changed? I remember wearing blue eyeshadow and having 'big bangs' as a hair do!! How scary....I was a real 80's girl. I even remember wearing tight rolled jeans, leg warmers, etc. Now, I let my hair be natural a lot (curly) or I'll keep it straight. And I wear natural make up colors. :D

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
You know Daph, what is more scary than your styles changing is that mine are not. The kids say I need to go on tv for a makeover!:eek:

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was stuck in the same style for a long time. I just didn't know what to do with myself. Finally one of my friends who is a hairdresser said....I need to do something with you!! It was a simple change and I loved it. Now I'm not so afraid to try new looks. I don't do anything major but I do think of it as just hair. So as long as it's not cut off too short I'm ok with most styles. I'm thinking about getting bangs cut like Kelly Rippa has on Regis and Kelly. :D

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
I want to have my hair dyed so bad, just a hint darker like honey colored blond with light highlights, the only problem is that my dh is like an old fart!!! He hates any change on me, then complains about it until I feel self conscious!!!

Now I have no bravery

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You should just do it. I remember years ago I was watching an Oprah show and they did small changes to wives. They put hidden cameras in the house to see how long it would take for the husbands to realize that a change had been made to their wife. It took the husbands FOREVER!!!!! It was so funny! :D I've noticed that about Malcom too. I've changed my hair color and it will take him a little while to notice...same with a hair cut. Men!!!

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Doesn't Kelly Ripa always have the cutest hair? :)

I guess the biggest style change for me was starting to wear eyeliner. I used to not and my husband told me i looked like a kid when I didn't wear it. I guess I'd have to agree with him though :eek:

Clothes wise, well in 8th grade I was ALL about the baggy clothes! Oh man it's funny looking at old pictures!
Then after that I was more preppy. I'd wear gap jeans and those preppy sweaters, long skirts with a flower pattern to it and penny loafers, long loose solid color t shirts...

Now a days, I wear more trendy stuff. Mostly becuase of my husbands convincing. But I loved the look Helen Hunt had on "mad about you" Now adays I guess my look is more like the girls on "8 simple rules" I actually saw them(on tv) wear a couple of the same things I have! :D

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
i did the rooster bangs thing, the higher the better...went through way too much hairspray.... I did the thing where you roll your jeans legs very tightly ... i did the way too much eyeliner thing... the keds shoes in different colors to match clothes... yikes, i don't want to remember anymore! LOL!

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
My hair style is plain jane. My clothing style has become more like Rosanne Barr since I've gained more weight..:toothy:

I never was real trendy but always owned atleast one trendy thing through out the years. I used to wear blue eye shadow too but now if I wear it at all it is more natural colors.

Robin, my dh doesn't like changes on me either. He actually likes me plain but he would love for me to lose some weight. lol

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Depending on the situation, I'm usually carefree and NATURAL! shorts, collared tees and berks around the house.
AT work I have to be more business casual, so it's slacks, button up blouse, heels.

I went from the preppy look in HS to the "biker" look for a few years, you know black leather bikers jacket, leather pants, black boot like shoes. Now that I'm older and much heavier, I go for the stylish more conservative look, knee length walking shorts, fitted tops, sandals.

Hair is another issue! DH likes it LONG! so it is, I color it on occasion, curl it on the ends so it has a bit of bounce.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I've gotten way more casual and natural looking as I've gotten older.:D I used to have the matching earrings and shoes for all the color coordinated outfits, wore tighter fitting pants and lower cut shirts, perfect makeup and permed hair. I also wore high heals quite a bit. That was high school and college days. Then in my work outside the home teaching days I wore very nice and conservative coordinated outfits, less makeup, but still did the permed hair and wore more comfortable shoes. Now that I am a homeschooling Mom, I wear casual outfits around the house and usually no shoes!:toothy: I still get "dressed" up to go to church or social events, but no longer have the permed hair (I do color it though), have a simple hairstyle, and wear minimal makeup. I also tend to not worry about the coordinating jewelry as much! :laugh:.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts