Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if one of these can be rebuilt instead of replaced as a unit? Our driving Echo is throwing P440, P441 and P446 (iirc) just like the parts car did for a few years before it died. My state allows 1 incomplete monitor, so to get through inspection I erased codes and drove until only EVAP was incomplete to comply with the letter of the law.

If these unit are rebuildable, I'd rather do that instead of spending $300 for a new part, especially since have a spare cannister to practice with.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Have you tried asking at any of the online Toyota forums? Somebody may be able to help you there. I have an old Subaru and the online suby forums were a big help when I had questions. HTH - good luck and let us know what you find out

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
I think DC's DH is a mechanic...........you might PM her (debbiecat) and ask..........or hope she sees this. He might be able to help with some sort of answer.

Good luck............

·
Registered
157 Posts
Sorry I am not familiar with the Toyota Echo, but as starsapphire already suggested, try asking the question on other Toyota Echo forums.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts