Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A dear friend of mine has a son that was born with an extremely rare birth defect. We are raising money with an online auction to help raise the money they need to repair the defect. Their story is below.

My 2 1/2 year old son was born with a rare birth defect called Microtia and Aural Atresia. He does not have ear canals or ear drums, and the outside part of his ears are deformed. This also causes him to have moderate to severe hearing loss. Through much research I have found angels (doctors) in California that specialize in ear reconstruction, specifically for this birth defect. My son will be undergoing his first of 6 ear surgeries on March 10, 2011. We live in Michigan and have to travel to California for each surgery. There is going to be a lot of expenses for us, insurance will not be covering everything, plus the cost of traveling to and from California 6 times with a 1 1/2 - 3 week stay each time. By having these surgeries to make him ear canals, ear drums and Big ears it will also be giving him the gift of hearing, without having to wear his bone conduction hearing aids that he currently wears. I am not the type of person to ask for help, but I know that I need to in order to get him the ears he needs. If you would be so gracious to donate any monetary amount to help make our wish come true, believe me our whole family would be very grateful, especially my son. He is a very happy, bright, joyful, outgoing, loving boy with an amazing personality that is looking forward to his "big boy" ears. Thank you in advance and thanks for reading this!!!

If you would like to take a look at the items that are being auctioned please click on the facebook link below.
Welcome to Facebook

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So far we have raised just over $1000. That will hopefully pay for most of the first trip. They have to go for 6 separate surgeries.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is really important to me because my grandparents are deaf mutes and Davin has the opportunity to have his full hearing ability for the first time in his life.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update: We raised ‎$3326.77!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That will cover the trip for the first of 6 surgeries and a little extra.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.