Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last grocery shopping day, I decided to go to Wally World. It is not my first choice for groceries or much else, but I needed other stuff so I decided to purchase my dry goods there. I always check the marked down stuff in all of the aisles. I also make sure I go to the clearance aisle to see if there's anything priced well. I saw knockoff Sk*****s exercise shoes made by D*****n. You know, the Sk*****s that cost $110 and are supposed to make your legs and bum look great. The D******s were only $15. Well, I tried them on and decided I'd probably break my neck trying to maneuver around in those things as the soles are like platforms and are cut at weird angles. I'm too old for breakage...Not going to buy. Then...there it was...the shoe clearance aisle...right in front of me. There was a pair of regular old D******s...in my size - hooray...for $7! I don't have a pair of tennies that are any good to wear, so I bought them. COMFORTABLE!!! $7!!! Regularly over twenty-some bucks a pair.

Anyone else able to find nice shoes at Wally World?

·
Registered
906 Posts
I have found some Dr Schols (sp?) there that I like. One is that kind of clunky style that you slip on (sorry, i don't know all the style names), another is a basic black I needed for a show and my newest is a gray pair of the most comfortable athletic shoes I have ever had.

·
19,119 Posts
I've never found any good shoes deals at WW - lucky you though - comfortable supportive shoes are the best!!

·
Registered
933 Posts
Not anymore. My dd and I did run up on a killer sale at Kmart a couple of weeks ago. My dd has tiny feet...size 3/4 kids or a small size 5 in adults and she's 24 years old. They had buggy's at the front of the store and in one had several pairs of shoes...size 5's. We got them for 50 cents a pair. She found 5 or 6 pairs. Joe Boxer, Route 66 and Cuddles. She is set for shoes now. I found some other good buys in other buggies including a pretty valance for 50 cents. Normally I don't even like Kmart much but it paid off that day.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've been buying the Scholl's walking shoes for years from WM. They are perfect for my wide foot with narrow heel. I have never had any pain and the arch is fine for my foot. I spent between $20-$25 a pair which is a lot cheaper than brand athletic shoes. I don't go to WM enough to find them on sale, so I pay the regular price. But I think I'm still getting a deal as I can walk out with a pair (and not run all over town to a bunch of different stores and try on a million shoes that don't fit and cost a heck of a lot more.) They aren't the most attractive shoes, but I only use them on the treadmill (and I'd also keep a pair at work to take a walk during break).

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I get athletic shoes for my sister at WM, she needs two different sizes and in double wide, so I have to buy two pairs and match them.

The shoes are attractive and I buy them when I see them, usually not on sale, and save them for later. It works out very well. She is wearing an almost new pair with one in reserve.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
I bought my son Buddy a pair of running ( athletic ) shoes their on clearance. They were the ones he liked. I think I paid around $8.
They were to be his P.E. shoes and they were that year. He burned through two other everyday sneakers from payless that year for his regular shoes.
This year they are his regular shoes and have stood up better than his other ones did.

Side note:

Here the Salvation Army given vouchers to families of middle school and high school that fit the income requirements. The voucher is for a pair of athletic shoe from Walmart. They figure they can be normal shoes and P.E. shoes. So many children at our school wear walmart shoes.

·
Registered
7,747 Posts

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I bought some Dr.Sholls slip ons at Meijers for about $10 they are so comfy I wore them today to church.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.