Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dd and I were in "town" today for a few minutes and we stopped by the thrift store to see what was new. We are trying to find some fixer uppers for her apt. that she's moving into (living alone for the first time....has had a roommate until now). Well....I found some ginger jars....I just seem to keep finding these things lately. I have had one for years and years and always loved it, and lately I'm finding more and more.....so much for decluttering! Anyway I found 2 today (.50 ea.) and had found 1 the other day for $2. I have them all in my secretary that my friend gave me when they moved, along with some other junktiques that I love. I also got a nice, heavy wooden picture frame...to use in my hallway. We're going to texture and paint in the next few days and I have been scouting out all different sizes and shapes of picture frames for our family photo gallery in the hallway. I'll be painting them all the same color to accent the colors in the hallway....ooh I'm getting excited!

Dd found her a beat up old end table, wooden. The finish is in terrible shape but it's solid and will be very nice painted. It's just the right size for a small coffee table to go with her old love seat (slipcovered....it's REALLY ugly--underneath). Anyway she's already decided what color to paint it and it was only $5! I'm thrilled. She's learning how to make "lemonaide" for herself. :thumb:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Lisa,
You have trained your daughter well! :hugz: Great finds on your ginger jars. I have a beautiful one here somewhere. Just have to figure out where the boys put it.;)

·
27,948 Posts
So glad you both found some treasures.:)
What an exciting time for your daughter, a bit scary but what an adventure!
Being able to make lemonade is a very helpful life skill, glad she has you teaching her Lisa.:hugz:

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Great buys! It sounds like your DD has learned great lessons from you. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts