Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we all know, entertainment can be quite expensive. What are some frugal things you do to entertain yourself? I enjoy going to a lake or park and having a picnic or staying home with dh and friends and playing games. What things do you do that don't cost very much or are free?

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AngeleeBob
1,471 Posts
We rent movies. It is not free, but for $5.00 we can rent 1 movie and have popcorn and soda. If we all go to a movie it costs $35.00 with popcorn and soda.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
We often rent movies also but wait until we can get them for 2 for the price of one.

We love going for walks which don't cost anything.

Going for a drive through the back woods, with a picnic is a fun family time.

Going tobagganing again doesn't cost us anything.

Dh and the kids are going horseback riding, again for free. Our new friends have a horse farm!!

Dh and I enjoy playing a good game of cards.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
We enjoy going to the Zoo. There is a FREE zoo not far from us. We also have a membership to the Minnesota Zoo, which saves us alot since we go pretty often.
We also enjoy going to the Mall of America and just walking around... people watching and window shopping.
There is a Nature Center nearby that is also a deer pass... we like to walk the trails there and count how many dee we see. I think 10 is the most so far in one trip.
We also do alot of fishing.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AngeleeBob
1,471 Posts
Sherry you are so lucky to have all those things near you! I LOVE the zoo and we are 3 hrs. from the closest. (St. Louis) It is free admission.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Library-they also lend videos for free!

Pack everyone up with SIL and go to the mall-with packed lunches and/or coupons of course!

When at the shore, the Cape May zoo is free.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
mylittle4, we also go to the St Louis Zoo quit a bit.... We live about an hour and a half away in Illinois..... I love it there !
We also go to the St Louis Science Center, it's free too and the planetarium is free on Tuesdays......
We love to go camping and picnicing at one f the nearby lake or parks.... Lots of Lincoln stuff to do here for free.... Lincoln Homes, Lincolns New Salem, We watch lots of movies too, my best friend manages the video store so we don't pay for those either....
:D

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
I do a lot of refunding trading for Blockbuster gift cards, and send in upcs for free movie tickets, so we see a lot of movies at home for free, and when gramma is free to babysit, we go to the movies for free. I actually refuse to pay for a video or a movie anymore! When the weather warms up, we love to play in the park across the street or go for long walks with the dog.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
We play board games as a family. During baseball season, we are always watching baseball games at the little league fields...FREE! We like to camp and fish. DH likes to take drives to places we haven't been. We go to the lake. During the summer, the next town over has a free concert every weekend at the park. Another town has a local light show each weekend. The library has free video and dvd rentals.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
We go to the library or park(when its nice)and play bord games or watch movies(usually disney ones) when its nasty and rainy.

·
Registered
269 Posts
We take day trips to other towns to check out their libraries. We also go to the rollerskating rink when they have $5 carload night. My friend and I take our 7 kids and usually a few friends and we split the $5 and all go skating.
We take day old bread, go to the park along the river and feed the ducks and geese.
our Borders usually has programs on Sun. afternoon. One week it was jugglers, a lot of times it's musicians. We take the kids to the program and make our book list for the next library trip.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
We usually go for walks in our Neighborhood we live in the country..

We usually go for walks in our Neighborhood we live in the country..
We take our Dog on her Leash and Walk her around the neighborhood.
We also go to visit Neighbors.
We sometimes will go and rent movies and DVD on the 99 days at the Video Store.
On Occasions we will go to the Library and rent Videos if there are any that are Family type to rent.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts