Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to ask everyone to send their good thoughts and prayers our way tonight. My ds1 has a tryout tonight with a semi-pro football team in the area. His Marine recruiter plays on this team, and we went to see them play on Sunday. After the game, we told his recruiter that he needed to get my son a tryout for the team as they needed all the help they could get. The coach walked by when we were talking to him, and dh told the coach that we had a stud receiver for him, and that he should give him a tryout. I don't think he thought we were serious, but did see that our son played high school football for a program that does have a serious reputation for being a great program that churns out top players.

Sunday night dh sent an email to the team website telling them that he would like to see them give our son a tryout. Monday morning he has an email from the coach telling him to give him a call after lunch. So, he did call him, and the coach tells dh that he had to let a player go after the game, and that he will give our son a tryout on Wed. night. It just so happens that the player left go was a wide receiver. We are so happy that he is getting this chance. He just wants to play football. This is unheard of since most of these guys are in their 20s', and have played college and other semi-pro ball. Ds is a senior in high school. If he makes this team, it will be a big deal because he never played in college and went right to this semi-pro league.

I am so excited for him, and hope that he makes the team. Please send your happy thoughts and prayers his way tonight.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
That is so exciting. I will pray for your son. Please keep us updated.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Good luck to your ds! Keep us posted about what happens.

(And I was sitting here thinking I've already read this... on cinc. haha. I thought I was losing my mind there for a second.)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Good luck to your ds! Keep us posted about what happens.

(And I was sitting here thinking I've already read this... on cinc. haha. I thought I was losing my mind there for a second.)
Lol I was thinking the same thing!! Good luck to him, he's in my prayers!! :cheer4:

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Good luck to your son, I will be rooting for him too :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
What a great opportunity for your son!!

Good Luck!!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
awesome, tell us how he did!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts