Ingredients:
21 oz can cherry pie filling
1 pkg yellow cake mix
1/2 c butter, melted
1/3 c walnuts (optional)​
Serves:
10-12 servings​
Directions:
Place pie filling in GREASED slow cooker.
Combine dry cake mix and butter(mixture will be crumbly). Sprinkle over filling. Sprinkle with walnuts.
Cover and cook on LOW 4 hours, or on HIGH 2 hours
Allow to cool, then serve in bowls with scoop of ice cream.
* I make this but without the nuts!​

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
i make this alot but with apple sauce instead for lower fat content and no walnuts.

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
I'm totally trying this this week!

·
19,119 Posts
This recipe sounds so good that I dare not even try it - I am weak when it comes to cherry pie filling!! Mahalo - perhaps over the holidays!!

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Sounds good. And how much easier could you get!!!

Gotta try this one........think I will use white cake mix.

May 'mangle it' getting the leftover out of the crockpot.....but oh well.

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
I decided to try it with a large can of sliced peaches instead of cherry pie filling. That would bring down the sugar Maui, and our stores out here are now selling sugar free cake mix. Of course I'm not using sugar free. I'll let you know how it turns out.

FF, I'm not even going to try to get it out, I'll just scoop it into serving dishes. I even bought butter crunch ice cream to serve with it. Maybe I'll invite my Mom over that night, I think she'd like it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I decided to try it with a large can of sliced peaches instead of cherry pie filling. That would bring down the sugar Maui, and our stores out here are now selling sugar free cake mix. Of course I'm not using sugar free. I'll let you know how it turns out.

FF, I'm not even going to try to get it out, I'll just scoop it into serving dishes. I even bought butter crunch ice cream to serve with it. Maybe I'll invite my Mom over that night, I think she'd like it.
So did it work? I wanna make this tonight and I have everything I need BUT pie filling in the house!!!!!! Since I've already bought my allotted groceries this week...can't spend more! HELP!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have made this weekly since I read the recipe. My new favorite, easy dessert that lasts all week!

·
19,119 Posts
Had forgotten about this - but wouldn't it be perfect for Valentines Day?

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Sound so good wonder how it would do using a big can crushed pineapples? I will have to try it some time.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I use to make something similar for the oven, but I love to use my crockpots. I am definitely trying this recipe. Thanks a lot!!!!

·
Registered
955 Posts
Chocolate cake mix with the cherries would make a Black Forest kind of dessert... :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts