Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chicken and Rice

Recipe Description
Ok, REALLY simple and most of you have probably made a version of this. I made this yesterday for dinner and it was really tasty and cheap. Thought I would share. I think it would be good with some Phar cheese as well​
Preparation Steps:
Thaw Chicken​
Level of Difficulty:
Easy​
Time Needed:
25 min​
Ingredients:
1 CP uncooked Jasmine rice
1 1/2 cups water
1 TB Ranch seasoning
1 bonelss and skinless chicken breast
salt
pepper​
Serves:
2 normal people, 1 for me​
Directions:
Thaw chicken and cubes, salt and pepper to taste. Place rice, chicken, water and ranch powder into microwave safe bowl with lid and mix to combine. (I used a 4 quart). Cook on high for 5 and then on medium for 15. Let set 5 minutes before serving.

Great quick meal (can be put on while your doing something else)​

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
This sounds VERY tasty! Thanks for posting it.

Ranch seasoning - where would one find that in the store? I've never seen it before, not really looked for it either. (I'm in Canada) I've seen it in many recipes as well. Is it the powder you use to make ranch dips ie: Ranch Style Dressing & Dip Mix | ClubHouse.ca Spices, Herbs, Seasonings & Marinades

I could be way off base here - the ranch seasoning for popcorn isn't the same thing is it?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Libby ~ when a recipe calls for ranch seasoning, I just use a packet of the ranch seasoning that you make into dressing. I don't know if there is any other kind of ranch seasoning beside that :) It always seems to work!

Joseph, your recipe sounds delish and one that you could make a little different almost every time you make ~ my favorite thing to do!!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
I make mine a little different although yours sounds yummy...
I start by frying the chicken in a pan usually the thighs and get them nice and golden brown then add some chicken broth and rice and cook till rice is done... then add a can of spinich and mix in... very tasty...

·
Registered
586 Posts
Thanks! I think I will try it this week.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Libby, not sure if you have a whole sale club or not, but I buy the ranch dressing mix from Sam's for a fraction of what I pay for the packets. Also, Pensey's spices has one that tastes pretty good and is very cost effective. Pensey's does Mail order and web orders as well.

·
27,948 Posts
Is that 1 lb boneless chicken breast or 1 whole boneless chicken breast? Thanks.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I use just 1 boneless Chicken Breast. Which is plenty of Chicken for my taste.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts