Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 3 chicken breasts and seasoning. I want to cook this in the crockpot. I also have an onion. Every recipe I look at says to add cream of mushroom soup. I don't have any of this and I just got off from working 12 hours night shift in the ER. So....a store is out of the question.
My question is do I have to add any liquid to this? I just want the "baked chicken" type today and not "soupy" Do I have to add liquids to keep it from burning or will the juices from the chicken breasts be sufficient. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Do you have any chicken broth or boullion cubes to make broth?..If so I would add a little just to keep them moist and so they don't burn :)

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i do have boullion cubes. I will make a broth then. Thank you.

·
Registered
623 Posts
That sounds delicious--post how it tasted !!

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it was delicious. so tender and not watery. It had nice color!! There isn't any left!!
I wasn't going out to get cream of mushroom and just thought I would try it.

very simple and good!!

·
Registered
904 Posts
I sometimes cook chicken in the crock pot sitting over veggies with no liquid and it turns out very good as well.

I also frequently cook baked potatoes in my CP just as I would the oven, only for a much longer time.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh, I bet dh would like this. I cook my beans with a jar of salsa.
we make our salsa fresh daily, I wonder if that will work? My dh just put the salsa in the beans in the bowl and eat it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts