Frugal Village Forums banner

Chicken Feed at Walmart

6K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  norcalmommy 
#1 · (Edited)
I could not believe it Walmart has big bags of laying hen's chicken feed.
They also have mineral blocks, salt blocks, big bags of Pig feed, horse feed,and milk supplements.
I guess Walmart is going to start competing with the feed store.

Has anyone else noticed this at their Walmart or is it just here in the Midwest?

#3 ·
Ours doesn't, but I wonder if I can request that they do!

#4 ·
I have never seen it there but I will have to check now! Thanks for mentioning it! :)

#9 ·
I don't know if I would want to buy it there or not.
I try to buy as little as possible from Walmart.
I try to support the other businesses besides Walmart.

#10 ·
My concern about the feed is where it is made. If it is made in China, I would pass. There is too much stuff found after the fact when it comes to Chinese imports. We have a great feed store that sells chicken scratch that is organic with no hormones. At least that is what several freinds with chickens told me. They let their chickens free range on their property and feed them the scratch when needed.

#12 ·
(In the midwest too) But I think it's interesting that Wal-Mart's here are starting/expanding their aisles like this. The other day we were in the camping section getting some tent poles and we noticed that Wal-Mart is now selling MRE's, Water purification kits, oxygen absorbers, etc! I was flabergasted!

Reactions: norcalmommy
#13 · (Edited)
I agree with you that was kind of my thoughts when I saw it.
I wondered as I saw this if people that are like minded are the majority not the minority that I often feel that I am.
I have not seen the oxygen absorbers if I did see them where I could buy them locally I would though, as I am not that comfortable ordering things online.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.