Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what can you do with them in the crock pot
and how about london broils i got 3 really nice ones on excellent prices at martins..and im trying to use my crock pot alot...already done a pot roast and beef stew..any thing else

·
Registered
669 Posts
I generally would not cook chicken over 6 hrs in the crockpot, especially if you have a newer one, which run hotter than the old ones. I use quarters or thighs in pretty much any recipe, I think it stays much moister and has more flavor than breasts.

Festive Crock Pot Cranberry Chicken - 27609 - Recipezaar
Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings - 39892 - Recipezaar
Coconut Chicken Curry - Crock Pot - 19177 - Recipezaar
Honey-Mustard Chicken (Crock Pot) - 153955 - Recipezaar
Sweet Aromatic Chicken With Rice (Crock Pot) - 153534 - Recipezaar
Crock Pot Adobo Chicken - 185398 - Recipezaar
Chicken With Mushrooms and Tomato (Crock Pot) - 148664 - Recipezaar
Balsamic Chicken for Crock Pot - 139639 - Recipezaar

Don't forget to use bones to make some chicken broth - cook a few pieces of chicken for the first couple or three hours for poached chicken that you can freeze for other meals. Crock Pot Chicken or Turkey Stock - 55282 - Recipezaar

·
Registered
924 Posts
yup, you can do anything with the leg quarters. Just a note....I found with the quarters in the crock pot that if you're not gentle removing them you can end up with tons of little bones. When taking them out of the crock pot I usually use a slotted spoon and try to pick one quarter up at a time. Then you can just gentley pull the bones out in one piece and put the meat back in.

This is just from my experience anyway.

Leg Quarters are my go to meat!

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
"London Broil" is typically marinated and then broiled in the oven or grilled to medium rare stage and sliced thin. It can be used for fajitas or steak salads. It's usually cut from a roast or other tough part of the cow, so it can be cooked that way too, low and slow like a pot roast.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
You can make mexican chicken with legs and thighs
also make chicken and dressing with them,some people dont put meat in their dressing but i do it makes it better.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You can put the London broil in the crockpot on low all day, covered with water mixed with half an envelope of onion soup mix. Before you are ready to eat, shred the meat (should fall apart, really) and put it back into the broth. Serve on buns with your favorite toppings like horseradish, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, etc. This is one of my family's absolute favorites.

·
Registered
924 Posts
You can put the London broil in the crockpot on low all day, covered with water mixed with half an envelope of onion soup mix. Before you are ready to eat, shred the meat (should fall apart, really) and put it back into the broth. Serve on buns with your favorite toppings like horseradish, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, etc. This is one of my family's absolute favorites.
that sounds very tasty!

·
Registered
2,168 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
what can you do with them in the crock pot
and how about london broils i got 3 really nice ones on excellent prices at martins..and im trying to use my crock pot alot...already done a pot roast and beef stew..any thing else
Chicken quarters....throw them in the slow cooker, add salt, pepper, and bbq sauce. Cook on low for 5-6 hours. Serve with rice and salad.
Leftovers can be deboned and served the next day as bbq chicken sandwiches.

London broil...I've served this once after I marinated it in Dales sauce, then cooked on low in the slow cooker with sliced onions...turned out pretty good...served it with buttered noodles and salad.:thumb:

·
Registered
586 Posts
I put bbq sauce and cook on low for the day. Falls off the bone so be careful taking out. I also put in the oven on low heat 250 or so for a few hours and they come out great too. I cover with aluminum foil and then drain out fat and then turn it up at the end to about 400 to crisp up a bit. This is also very good. Serve with rice and salad or cut up cucumber and corn.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts