Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pretty sure DD7 has chicken poxs. Not a big deal really except I am one of those rare people who have no immunity to it. I have had chicken pox twice once when I was a kid, and once again when DD was 3. I got it so bad the second time that I had to be put on antivirals and was covered EVERYWHERE!!!!! I still have no immunity to it. So now I am not sure if I should just wait and see if I get it again or get shingles or call the Dr. and see if there is something they could give me before I get it. I don't want to take antivirals unless I have to because I have also needed to take them the few times I have gotten the flu. I got H1n1 and another time I was real sick with the influenza A.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I would call the doc. I've heard shingles are very painful. I hope the best for you!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DD was vaccinated even with being vaccinated you can still get it, it will just be a mild case. But if she is anything like me it just might not take. I have been vaccinated against Hepatitis twice and still have no titer levels for it so I have no immunity to it. Same as my mom and my sister none of us have any titer levels to it. I don't know if this is because I have an Autoimmune disorder or not.

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
I have had chicken pox twice and shingles once as well. My case of shingles was relatively mild--got it when I was pregnant with Moo.

The shot is designed for older people--not sure if they will give it to 'young-uns' like us. The medicine for shingles is expensive and its the same medicine they give for genital herpes treatments. I don't think the pharmacist believed me when I asked if he was sure this would work for shingles.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
You poor girl. I'd call the doctor like op's suggested. If they can't do anything for you unless you actually break out at least they will be aware that you will be in if you do. My DS had chicken pox his first Christmas and I had a BIL & SIL who never had them so no Christmas with my family that year. A month later he had them again. Saying a prayer that you and your DD get through this quickly.

Cat

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.