1,293 Posts
You can count me in this kith!

There's an older thread on this here.

Reactions: MisaLady

·
Registered
4 Posts
No kid womb!

Anybody else here childfree by choice and not planning on having any in the future?

Here ye, here ye! Life is hard enough. I don't see anything "rewarding" or to be a "blessing" about having to give up life as I know for a screaming, pooping, demanding person that can't do a damn thing for themselves. I'll Pass Thank you very much!

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm 49. Grateful to be childless. I'm not mommy material unless you have fur.

With my childhood, not having kids was the best thing I could have done. I have no regrets on being childless. In fact, I can't even imagine having kids.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I'm childfree by choice. I'm 29, just got married two months ago and although we wouldn't necessarily have minded having a child under different circumstances, our lives are not leading us toward being parents, and we're both totally okay with that. We just don't have the financial security or stability to do it the way we think we would want to, if we were going to. Not sure if that makes sense. We're not "anti-child" as my husband is a schoolteacher and I teach college kids and have taught special education in the past.

We live in a society (Greece) where it's not very common to have more than one child, or to start having children before about 35 or so, so nobody here asks us. It's my American facebook list that freaks me out sometimes. I think everyone I went to high school with, except maybe 5 of us, has at LEAST one kid if not 2. One of my closest friends from high school has 4 kids already.

I'm very happy about being childfree although it annoys me that the decision was made by our financial situation rather than 100% because we were sure that that was the best thing for us. I still kind of wonder (5%) if I'll regret not having kids in 30 years, although my logical side usually wins out ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts