Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sending this because I noticed that Robin had a child named Gunnar, now I have a Gunnar and have never seen anyone with a child with that name....

SO I am asking how did you come up with your children's names.
me lets see Kaitlyn Julia because Kaitlyn had always been my favortie girl name Julia after my grandmother
Gunnar Paul, Gunnar my husbands favorite name I wanted a Jake but Gunnar fits him and now I love the name too Paul for my father
Zachary Peter because we both agreed to it and Peter for my hasbands father
Rebecca Alice because again we both agreed to Rebecca and Alice for both his grandmother and my mother

If the triplets (Gunnar, Zachary and Rebecca are triplets) were 2 girls I wanted to name them Faith and Hope since it was a long road that took both Faith and hope BUT no way did my husband agree to those names. Cute matching names would have been cute too but we had a hard time agreeing to names so......

What about you?
Eileen
p.s. Robin love your sons name :~)

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Hey there stranger! Long time no see...:D

When I was pregnant with Chris, we didn't find out what we were having. For a boy, Mike REALLY wanted to name him Harold :puck: but we both agreed on Christopher Michael. Too bad it will probably take him until he's 12 to learn how to spell his full name Christopher Michael Penberthy. Oh well, then if it was a girl, dh wanted to name her Amanda Lynn. But to me, that sounds too much like A Mandolin. So good thing he turned out being a boy since Christopher was the only name we could agree on.

Then for Amanda, before we had the ultrasound DH still wanted Harold for a boy or Amanda Lynn for a girl. So when we found out she was a she, I made such a big stink, dh got fed up and told me I could name her whatever I wanted (gee, thanks for giving me permission). So I told him Amanda Leigh.

Picking names are the most stressful part of pregnancy!

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Jacob Martin- Jacob because we liked it ( before it became the most popular name for boys- my Jake is going to be 19 on Friday) Martin because it's my dh's name. He was originally going to be Jacob Amos after my great grandfather, but 2 days before he was born (he was 7 weeks preemie) my FIL commented that he liked the name, but always thought that boys should be named after their father. He would have been OK if we had stuck with Amos, but we changed it that night to Jacob Martin.

Douglas Henry- Douglas is my dh's middle name ;) and Henry was my grandfather's name. My grandfather died just as I found out I was expecting this baby. My son prefered to be called Hank for years, although he goes by Doug now.

Deana Mae- My grandmother's name was Velmadean , but everyone called her Deanie. I couldn't fathom naming a child Velma anything in this day and age- so we went with Deana (prounounced DEAN- A) and we call her Deanie a lot. Mae is dh's mom's middle name (and my mom's middle name is May)

If my dd had been a boy we would have named her Cory Mark- Cory because we liked the name and Mark after dh's best friend.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
I have Oliver, Lucy, Charlie, Sashka & Emily-Erika.

Oliver was going to be Jake, but it didn't suit him when he was born and we agreed on Nothing! LOL - We called him 'tiny boy' (even though he wasn't tiny) for 6 weeks until I desperately wanted him to have a NAME - SO brother said Oliver and that was that!

Lucy - SO always wanted this name for a girl since he was a child.

Charlie - both me and DH had a friend called Charlie and we just liked it.

Sashka (she's the one!) - DH wanted Saskia and at that time I couldn't say it without getting tongue tied, as it would be nice to be able to say your own child's name LOL - We made it up! It's a problem now because you can't buy anything with her name on so I have to make it or have it specially ordered.

Emily-Erika - We liked Emily and my father had a favourite aunt called Emily, and Erika because DH family named children after their fathers. His fathers name was Eric (he had passed away) and DH wanted to use the name but we didn't have a boy so hense Erika.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
I have Chris, Matthew, and Ryan. Chris was suppose to be either Kyle or Jordan but for some reason when he was born I changed my mind and pulled Christopher out of the air. Matthew was named by my husband. Ryan was the only name that we agreed on when I was pregnant. I always wanted to name my kids unique and different names, but I seemed to end up with ordianary names instead. Each of the years that my boys were born their names were on the top of the list for names that year.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
All 3 of our boys have Hawaiian Middle names because I was raised in Hawaii and I wanted them to have that part of my cultural background. So we have:

Jaysn Keoni- DH and I loved the name Jason (it means healer), but wanted him to have a unique spelling of it. Keoni translated into english is John and that was one of DH's grandfather's names (but we didn't know that until after we named him). Jaysn has a gentle spirit about him and is very caring and compassionate. He doesn't like to see people get hurt and is always looking out for the underdog.

Joshua Lino- Joshua Lino translates into strong and cheifly. This soooooo fits him! This child is head strong and hates to see injustices. He is so protective of everyone. He also loves a good arguement.

Christopher Kalani- Christopher means Christ like and Kalani means heavenly voice. Is it any wonder that this child is the lead singer of a praise and worship band now??? Chris is always there to help out anyone who needs it. He has great favor upon his life.

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
Ashley Gail- Ashley because we like it and it was popular lol,Gail after my moms sister(Linda Gail) and my middle name.

Katie Michelle-Katie because we liked it,Michelle after my mom's sister (Donna Michelle).

Jackson Ryan-We just liked the name.He's not named after anyone but after reading Steve's family genealogy book,Jackson is a family name.

Jayme Lane-Jayme after my dad.His name is James but my aunt Lane always called him Jamie. I just changed the spelling.Lane after my mom's sister Wanda Delaine.She spells it Lane,so we did to :)

All of my girls have my moms sisters middle names. Good thing we aren't having anymore kids...she doesn't have anymore sisters lol

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Ashlee Elizabeth-"Ashlee" was my favorite name since I was about 14. DH loved it too, so I always knew my first girl would be Ashlee. We spelled it different because I don't like the "ley" (sorry Tammy!) Elizabeth after DH grandmother.

Raechel Marie-Raechel we picked out of a book, and again with the weird spelling. DH picked this spelling, and Raechel just loves it. Marie was a family name, and went well with Raechel.

Courtney Renae-DH was stuck on Renee as a middle name. We let the kids help us name the baby, and when we found out it was a girl, the battle started :toothy: . We finally wrote down a bunch of names and crossed out the ones one or more of us hated. We all liked Courtney, and it fits her.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Nicole Gracelynn - Nicole was already named when she was placed with me as a foster child. When we were cleared to adopt her I changed her middle name only. Grace was my grandmother's name and Lynn is my middle name.

Gabe Leroy - Gabe is short for Gabel (my maiden name) My maternal grandfather was called Gabe for short. Leroy is my mother's maiden name.

If we have another girl it will be Sophia Renee, Sophia was my maternal great-granmother and Renee was my deceased older sister's middle name.

Can you tell I'm really really into family names?

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Andrew Michael--named for DH's maternal grandfather. DH is Michael as well.

Robert timothy--the only one we could agree on! DH wanted to name Andrew TATTON Michael (after a character in "the Sacketts") and MIL and I both had holy fits about that!

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
Seth Alan - Seth we picked after hearing it in a George Clooney movie :blush: and Alan after dh's Uncle who died.

Elizabeth Gracen - Dh was stuck on Gracen but i wanted her to have a more common name first. Elizabeth because we liked it and its my favorite Aunt's middle name. Found out later Grandmom in law's real first name is Elizabeth also. (we only knew her as Mary though! )

·
Registered
174 Posts
We have the oldest is Madison Danielle. We just liked both names.

Our second is a boy and we named him Riley David. I had to bug dh to get my way for Riley but I got my way. David after my grandfather.

Our third is Macy Miranda. We both loved the name Macy and I got my way for Miranda.

Our fourth we decided to stick with boys starting with "R" and girls with the letter "M'. We decided on Rhett Theodore. Dh got his way on that name and Theodore after dh's grandfather.

Our fifth is just 8 weeks old and we named him River Garrett. We both liked River and my dh loves to play poker. The fifth card in Texas hold'em is called the river card so we thought it was cute. He is the fifth child and it starts with R.

Amy

·
27,948 Posts
Nicole & Mark were the only names we agreed on. I would NOT allow him to name them Conway Twitty or Hop Sing. :D
Oh how he begged.

Dd has my middle name & Ds has Dh's.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
You all may be sorry I answered this one, it's a long story that I love to share. :D

First, Maria was just a name that we both loved. Rose is her middle name.... that's where the story comes in. I hope you won't think I'm some sort of religious nut after you read this! I'm going to copy and paste it here from my website:

My husband and I had been trying to get pregnant for nearly three years. Well-meaning friends kept telling us to go to the doctor and to try fertilization drugs, but I really didn't want to do that.

Through an online prayer group (found at www.Catholicity.com) I received advice from several people to try praying to St. Therese. Now, I had been Catholic all of my life, but had never really "bought into" the concept of praying to Saints- it seemed too much like superstition to me. However, I decided it couldn't hurt, so I gave it a shot.

I began to pray to St. Therese that she would intervene and help us conceive a child. I even was so bold as to set a time limit- something to the effect of "if I'm not pregnant by Christmas (this was in August), I'm going to give in and go to the doctor".

About five days after I began my prayers to St. Therese, a strange thing happened at work. I work in a nursing home, and normally when there are empty flower vases around the building, they are brought to my office. On this particular day, however, a co-worker walked into my office carrying a still-alive bouquet of one dozen roses. When I asked her why she was bringing them to me, she said, "I don't know, (our boss) just told me to go ahead and bring you this vase." After the co-worker walked out of my office, the significance of this event hit me... and I began shaking. Later that afternoon I went to the co-worker and two other friends and explained what was going through my mind... could these roses really have been sent in answer to my prayers? I had many doubts- it seemed unreal that St. Therese could have answered me so soon, and so clearly-- after all, a dozen live roses could hardly be overlooked!

About a month later I took a home pregnancy test... four of them, actually... and they were all positive. I couldn't believe it!

Our daughter arrived seven weeks early, but healthy. We felt it was only right that her middle name should be Rose, after the roses which confirmed her impending arrival. Thank you, St. Therese!

I've created a Saint Therese website.... go here: http://sainttherese.homestead.com/index.html
There's not much content yet, but I'm working on it!
:angel2:

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Lauren Tyler-Lauren(or Loren)Is my dads first name and Tyler is dh middle name so she has her grandfathers first name and hers dads middle name,which is odd cause my dad is the same way

Cannon Jay-His first name was so easy a whole 3 years before he was born sil was pregnant with dnephew and found out he was a boy at last minute and asked dh while he was at work if he had any good names,he looked around the room and saw the printer and came up with Cannon.Dnephews name is Logan and I fell in love with cannon,so he's named after a printer.Jaye is the female spelling and Jay is the boys,Jaye is my middle name.

But we still call him BUBBA!:D

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Okay:

Amanda - From the song by Boston Rene - it's her mother's middle name.

Kevin - from the kid on the Wonder Years Keifer - after Kiefer Sutherland - spelled different so Kevin's e's and i's would all fall the same way (his last name is Reid)

Olivia - from the Cosby Show Marie - her mother's middle name

Mary Anne - after my grandmother Michelle - the song by the Beatles

Sarah - after the song from Jefferson Starship Michael - after her stepgranddad.

I notice now that we are heavily influenced by the entertainment industry. :whirly:

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Baylie because I loved it and I heard this woman in a store call her two daughter's and their names were Laci and Baylie.:D Baylie's middle name is Ann after my grandmother. Nobody else in the family is named after her and it sounded good with Baylie.

This new baby.......we are having a tough with it because I want the name to end with the 'E' sound like all of our names do. Right now Riley is number one followed closely by Clancy. Clancy is dh's best friends name. So I'll let you know on the baby!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Grace Lyn - Grace was DH's grandmother's name. Lynn is my middle name and DH favorite name (he wanted it as her first name) We decided to spell it differently than mine.

Good thing we didn't have a boy - we couldn't agree on a boy name at all. I loved Grady and DH hates it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts