Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we don't have cable I've started getting some movies for the kids to watch during the day. I have some Nick Jr. shows, and some Disney ones... but what I'm looking for are Christian cartoons that the kids will enjoy.

I have a few Veggie Tales DVDs that my 6 year old daughter loves. I'm thinking about getting a few more of them. But I'd like to get a selection of other ones too.

If anyone knows of any please let me know.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
I'm sure there must be some animated Bible story DVDs. I am pretty sure I've seen the like at the Wal-Mart. Check the library, see what they have to offer first before you buy!

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
My kids liked:

McGee and me -- part animation, part real people. It's an entire series.

123 Penguins - similar to Veggie Tales

Bible Man - sort of like Super Man

Check out www.christianbooks.com for titles and decent prices.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
My son loves the Bibleman videos and the angel wars videos. Caught them on sale at Lifeway for $5.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
It isn't Christian per say, but Little Einstiens keeps my four year old totally involved... She has begun to sing her own tunes and such. I enjoy this series.....

·
Registered
426 Posts
My kids like the Hermie series (Max Lucado) and Punchenelo (bad spelling) (Tommy Nelson).

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
VeggieTales! We aren't even Christian and my kids are teens but these videos are fantastic. They are funny, well scripted and yes, biblically based. They even have a little intermission that goes over the scripture that the episode is based on. I warn you though, you will find the "Silly Songs With Larry" caught in your brain. I would recommend these to anyone because they are writen on a level for both the kids and adults (cultural references etc.). After watching Jonah and the Whale I had to get a NewsBoys cd because their vocals and music hooked me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Christian Children's movies

Check out ChristianCinema.com. They have a huge selection of Children's movies - in fact, they have the most Christian videos of anybody I've found. Good pricing and good delivery.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
my son is sitting here watching the bearstain bears, its not christian per se but i has good lessons and values

1 - 12 of 12 Posts