Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made these this morning (6 AM!) so the girls would have something for snack time at school. I meant to make them yesterday, but I got caught up sewing Halloween costumes.

Anyway, this isn't my usual recipe (which I've misplaced :(), but the muffins turned out great.

I have pictures of the finished product too (I was too tired and in too much of a rush to take my usual detailed pictures this time :lol: ) I will upload the ones I did take in a bit.

On to the recipe!

Chocolate Chip Muffins
Serving Size : 12
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 cups All-purpose flour
1/3 cup Light-brown sugar -- packed
1/3 cup Sugar
2 teaspoons Baking powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
2/3 cup Milk
1/2 cup Butter -- melted and cooled
2 Eggs -- lightly beaten
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 package -(11.5 oz) jumbo or regular
Milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup Walnuts -- chopped or pecans

Preheat oven to 400 F. Grease twelve muffin cups. In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugars, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl, stir together milk, eggs, butter, and vanilla until blended. Make a well in center of dry ingredients; add milk mixture and stir just to combine. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups; bake 15-20 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in center of one muffin comes out clean. Remove muffin tin to wire rack; cool 5 minutes and remove from tins to finish cooling. Serve warm or completely cool. These muffins freeze well.

Notes:

*I used semi sweet chocolate chips vs. milk chocolate ones.
*I didn't add nuts.
*I made jumbo muffins vs. the "cupcake" sized ones. I was able
to get 6 of those out of this recipe
*Be sure to only stir to combine the dry ingredients with the wet
ones. Over mixing results in a dense, flat muffin.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Yum!! Thanks:)

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Sounds yummy! Thanks Michelle!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts