Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey there;

I have a great recipe I'd like to share with you.

Chocolate Delight Crust

• 1 stick butter (Real butter)
  • 3/4 C. Pecans
  • 1 C. Flour

Melt your butter in a 13" x 9" x 2" pan, in the oven on preheated oven of 375 F. Add flour and pecans. Mix well, mash out. Stick in oven until a little brown. Let cool.

Chocolate Delight Filling
  • 8oz cream cheese
  • 1 cup powder sugar
  • 12 oz. cool whip
  • 1 small box of chocolate pudding (make as pudding)
  • 1 small box of vanilla pudding (make as pudding)

Mix 1 cup of powder sugar with 6oz. cool whip, and cream cheese. Spread all over the crust, add the chocolate pudding (make the pudding first of course) spread then add the vanilla pudding (make of course first), and over top add 6oz. cool whip and pecans. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I love this dessert and have been making it for 10+ years... my late mom used to make it before that and she got the recipe from her sister. So this recipe has been in the family for close to 20 years.

For variation, and for those non-chocolate lovers, this dessert is also very good with butterscotch pudding (chocolate is still my favorite!!).

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Both versions sound delicious...thanks; I'm going to try them soon :lip:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My grandmother always made it, she past the recipe down to me, cus she had no daughters, and I'm the only other person in the family for the love of cooking... its super :)

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
That sounds soooooo yummy and sinful. Thanks for the recipe! :)

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
This is wonderful! And it's good with banana pudding as well. The little church ladies had it in the recipe box as "Better than Sex" aka Striped delight. :)

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
This sounds really good. I may have to try it soon.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Delish!! If you need to rationalize the calories, it is a good source of dairy!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts