Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 384 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else already started their christmas shopping for next year? I always start the day after christmas. I purchased wrapping paper, curling ribbon, scotch tape, ornaments for my mom and several friends for gifts, and a couple of other presents. I also plan on getting my christmas cards for next year when they get marked down a bit more.

Reactions: Early Bird

·
Registered
25 Posts
hahaha. Sorry, had to laugh when I saw this. Sunday I was too sick to leave the house. Today we are dealing with a blizzard, so I have not been able to get out of the house for a few of the after Christmas sales.

I have a project in mind for next year and hopefully will be able to pick up a 4ft artificial tree cheap.

Congrats on the sale goodies you were able to pick up!!

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I actually love shopping after Christmas sales! It is the best time to pick up gifts for other occasions throughout the rest of the year. You can pick up bath sets for next to nothing --- break them down into smaller gifts for several people or put them in a different basket and wrapping. Toys are usually cheaper after Christmas. I try to plan out birthdays for my nieces and nephews by stocking up on gifts now. I have two large totes that I keep in storage that I add to when I see something for someone. The only people I do not buy early for is DH and my boys.

I didn't go out today because I didn't feel well but I went out Sunday and picked up 2 gifts for next years Christmas exchange.

Reactions: frugal me

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I haven't started shopping. I have looked at the Christmas clearance, and haven't seen anything I wanted. I probably should pick up wrapping paper and possibly cards...but other than that...I want none of that stuff. I have, however, knitted a scarf, far a homemade gift for someone. Just finished it today. I plan on knitting a few more scarves for a few people and hopefully learn to knit some mittens to go with them!

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
snowed in today
but i already have some things for next year IE we ended up donating a puter monitor we had to go with gift dhs sblings were getting for my inlaws ( new computer ) so the gifts i had for them will get used next year ( sweater and purse )

and some things i forgot i had ( didnt keep track well this year ) for dh and kids i hled back for next year and a few things for youngest 2 that were too big but bought on deep clearance ( ie 97c at JCP deep clearance )

i usually dont go out right after the holidays - i want things at least 75% off -

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I'm dedicated to spreading the cost and effort of making gifts over the entire year instead of just a month or two in order to save my sanity. I put things off until Novemberish this year and the rush sort of took away from the holidays.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I just thought to myself that I would like to start buying a couple presents a week for hubby/kid/pets. Nothing too big. =D I am very excited!

·
19,119 Posts
For the first time in forever, I am not out shopping the ater Christmas sales - am working on being clutter free.....and will be making most, if not all, gifts this year.

Wraping paper - I use brown wrapping paper (free) decorated by the preschoolers. Have lots of ribbons to use.

Cards - am making them this year. We got a great card this year that I am using as my basic idea.

Stocking stuffers - working on them already with materials on hand.

Gifts for Kauai relatives are always a fun challenge. This year I am going to mkae Furikaki Chex MIx - just need to find the recipe and figure out packaging.

Love working on the holidays year round - a good thing to carry the spirit with us!!

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
I love shopping after Christmas. I plan on going out tomorrow to see if there is any bargains. I also usually buy perfume when those sets get marked down to 50% off and wrapping paper.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I'll hit the toy clearances at various stores for my DD and my nephew's birthdays and possibly some for next Christmas as well. I *might* pickup some gift bags & tissue paper but definitely NO wrapping paper since I've got about 10 rolls still... Unless of course I find a pattern I "have to have" and it's 75% off! :p

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I was planning to go but late Christmas night I ended up with food poisoning. Might go to today to see what is left over. Really don't need anything.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I may have posted this elsewhere but I can't remember.

I went shopping with family and in Target they had paper sacks decorated. FOR SALE. Um, excuse me? THAT is the in-style???

So I made a commitment to myself that I will request and save all paper sacks this year for wrapping paper and gift bags and decorate them with the multitude of ribbons I have on hand. I have really nice gold and red ribbons, I have it all envisioned how they will look.

If Target can do it, Sheesh, so can I! Bye-bye frugal-feelings, I'm "in style" now, hahahaa

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
We plan to go shopping this weekend (returns/exchanges), but I would love to find some deals on gift bags, cards & such. Haven't decided on very many gifts for next year yet, but I'm certain my gift bin isn't empty. I really need to sort through those items before shopping. I also have several birthdays coming up, but they really prefer money after all the Christmas presents.

Really wouldn't mind finding a few bargains over the next month to avoid all that last minute gift shopping I did this year!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
I did pick up some Christmas cards and wrapping paper on the 26th. I got them at the Dollar store and they were only 50 cents each! I didn't know they put their items on sale. I also have my SIL done for next year and a few stocking stuffers for my Mom. :)

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
one year my kids and i used christmas stamps bought at 75% off the year before and leftovers of craft paint i had sitting around and stamped lunch bags from the $$ store with holiday designs - andy small gifts were put in these - with the top folded down and a Chritmas lable to close them .

we had 100 bags that lasted us a few years ( we may still have some in the attic ) and cost under
2c each all supplies included .

·
Registered
461 Posts
Target's Christmas and the Pink dots in the $ Spot area are 50% off. I went ahead and picked up Christmas cards for next year and some baking goodies for the near future. I would've waited on the Christmas cards but I have no idea when I'd make another Target trip. :)

1 - 20 of 384 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.