Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
13,574 Posts
Buying even less than before. No longer doing gift exchanges with anyone so I'm not creating a stash of presents in the closet. Tried to give away what I had already. So much covid going around I still have a couple bags of gifts left over. Bought a few gift bags after the holiday this year, didn't stock up on wrap or anything. Except for DH I'm going to wait until the last minute so I don't get stuck buying gifts that will sit in the closet another year.

Reactions: marthamfi and Zhoen

· Registered
13,574 Posts
I have started thinking up ideas for a couple of close friends. I saw a couple things on Etsy I could probably do myself and customize for each person. No idea what to get DH, except snacks.

Reactions: marthamfi

· Registered
13,574 Posts
Only 3 months to go. Hard to believe it with the beautiful sunny day we have today. DH and I talked about getting some small gifts for close friends, but we've no idea what. I'll keep an eye out. Maybe small food/treat baskets. Likewise for DH, no idea, he has everything, but some beef jerky or chocolate are usually eaten.

Reactions: Zhoen and marthamfi

· Registered
13,574 Posts
I got a cocoa bomb for DH, and a small bottle of his favorite body wash yesterday. I can easily hide stuff in my sewing room.

· Registered
13,574 Posts
More candy for DH today. He likes those big tins of peppermint bark. And a chocolate orange.

· Registered
13,574 Posts
I guess we're having a holiday dinner again this year. I picked up 2 doz hot cocoa packets in pretty boxes to put into gift bags, as well as a bag of individually wrapped peppermint sticks. Think I still have chocolate left from last year. Will keep an eye out for other small items, only have a week to get ready.

· Registered
13,574 Posts
Z, it's my dance troupe's annual party. I'm not hosting, we'll go to a restaurant or someone else's house. But the tradition is to exchange small gifts like costume jewelry, hand lotion, etc. I usually get more than 10 days notice and have time to order a dozen pairs of earrings or scarves off some website, but not this year.

· Registered
13,574 Posts
Our lights are still up, and I will check this week and see if they still work. Maybe even today, as we might get rain tomorrow and the next day. I bought a couple of new light strands on clearance last year. DH doesn't really care but I like to set the mood for a couple of weeks at least. We'll put on a holiday table cloth and put the tree on the table. We have a huge box of christmas village stuff and have never had a place to display it.

· Registered
13,574 Posts
I bought the last couple stocking stuffers for the gift bags tomorrow night. DH has sent a bbq package to his brother's family.

Found some smoked salmon buried in the freezer so I bought fresh handmade bagels from a local shop, and that will be my holiday treat to myself. Should last a while.

Reactions: Zhoen and marthamfi

· Registered
13,574 Posts
Picked up a few last minute things at the tool supply store. A pair of mini LED flashlights, always useful. A larger LED light with a magnet and a hook on back, good for the car emergency kit. (Got one for my car, too) A pair of inexpensive box cutting knives (always getting lost around here), and a high-impact waterproof carry case meant for delicate instruments, which he can use when he transports his scale models. Now I just need to find time to wrap them when he isn't looking.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts