Frugal Village Forums banner

Christmas 2022

10K views 66 replies 12 participants last post by  hikr00 
Buying even less than before. No longer doing gift exchanges with anyone so I'm not creating a stash of presents in the closet. Tried to give away what I had already. So much covid going around I still have a couple bags of gifts left over. Bought a few gift bags after the holiday this year, didn't stock up on wrap or anything. Except for DH I'm going to wait until the last minute so I don't get stuck buying gifts that will sit in the closet another year.

Reactions: marthamfi and Zhoen
I have started thinking up ideas for a couple of close friends. I saw a couple things on Etsy I could probably do myself and customize for each person. No idea what to get DH, except snacks.

Reactions: marthamfi
Only 3 months to go. Hard to believe it with the beautiful sunny day we have today. DH and I talked about getting some small gifts for close friends, but we've no idea what. I'll keep an eye out. Maybe small food/treat baskets. Likewise for DH, no idea, he has everything, but some beef jerky or chocolate are usually eaten.

Reactions: Zhoen and marthamfi
I got a cocoa bomb for DH, and a small bottle of his favorite body wash yesterday. I can easily hide stuff in my sewing room.

More candy for DH today. He likes those big tins of peppermint bark. And a chocolate orange.

I guess we're having a holiday dinner again this year. I picked up 2 doz hot cocoa packets in pretty boxes to put into gift bags, as well as a bag of individually wrapped peppermint sticks. Think I still have chocolate left from last year. Will keep an eye out for other small items, only have a week to get ready.

Z, it's my dance troupe's annual party. I'm not hosting, we'll go to a restaurant or someone else's house. But the tradition is to exchange small gifts like costume jewelry, hand lotion, etc. I usually get more than 10 days notice and have time to order a dozen pairs of earrings or scarves off some website, but not this year.

Our lights are still up, and I will check this week and see if they still work. Maybe even today, as we might get rain tomorrow and the next day. I bought a couple of new light strands on clearance last year. DH doesn't really care but I like to set the mood for a couple of weeks at least. We'll put on a holiday table cloth and put the tree on the table. We have a huge box of christmas village stuff and have never had a place to display it.

I bought the last couple stocking stuffers for the gift bags tomorrow night. DH has sent a bbq package to his brother's family.

Found some smoked salmon buried in the freezer so I bought fresh handmade bagels from a local shop, and that will be my holiday treat to myself. Should last a while.

Reactions: Zhoen and marthamfi
Picked up a few last minute things at the tool supply store. A pair of mini LED flashlights, always useful. A larger LED light with a magnet and a hook on back, good for the car emergency kit. (Got one for my car, too) A pair of inexpensive box cutting knives (always getting lost around here), and a high-impact waterproof carry case meant for delicate instruments, which he can use when he transports his scale models. Now I just need to find time to wrap them when he isn't looking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.