Frugal Village Forums banner

Christmas 2022

10K views 66 replies 12 participants last post by  hikr00 
I have fabric to make a quilt for our daughter for Christmas. I found some fabric to make pj pants for my granddaughters. They have snowflakes on them which glow in the dark. They’ll get a big kick out of those.

I always make photo calendars for my Dad, my brother and my sister. I don’t usually do those up though until the end of November. That way I have pictures from over the course of the year to put in the calendar and I include the Christmas from the year before.

My nieces and nephews get gift cards to Target.

I’ve tossed some ideas around in my head but the only one I plan on at this point is for our DD. I found a pattern for a carrier that you put your tea cup in and places for some packets for tea. Stoves tea so I am currently growing chamomile and mint and thought I’d give her some of those and the carrier with a new cup etc that she can take to work with her.
Product Font Screenshot Tableware Web page

Rujerro my dh likes the Hanes Beefy T t shirts. They’ve got long and short sleeve styles. I thought they were 100% cotton but I just looked them up and looks like they are a blend too. Darn. I’ll keep my eyes open. Dh needs some new sweatpants so I’ve been keeping an eye out for deals there.

i ordered a couple of stocking stuffers. I saw these “invisible ink” kits which the grandchildren will love. I also got a package of the pens that have multiple colors of ink in them and these cool hairbrushes. My grandson might not love that as much but my granddaughters will. They are somewhat like a compact. You open them like a compact (they are hinged). One side is a mirror and the other side has the hairbrush. I grabbed a box out of our garage and put everything in there so I don’t lose things. I have written down what I’ve gotten and who it’s going too so I don’t forget by December! Lol.

Our daughter loves tea so I grew mint this summer. I harvested it and it’s drying now. I bought a cute little tea infuser thing and a little honey pot with a dipper and I’ll box that up with a new tea mug for her. I haven’t gotten the mug yet though. But the rest is ready to go.

We went to Sam’s Club today and I spotted these cute cocoa bomb and cookie kits. They have the cocoa bomb mold, cookie cutters and a few other things. Both of my granddaughters love to bake and they are learning their way around the kitchen. They will love this so I got them both a set. I’m going to hit the dollar store to pick up the ingredients such as cocoa, peppermint candy to crush to add to the cocoa, sprinkles and a cookie mix.

Zhoen that sounds like a great gift and it will be a lot of fun.

Rujerro I love the idea of the spa / room package for DS1 and GF.

I love giving “experiences” as gifts. Like a season pass to the Children ‘s museum, state parks / beaches, wildlife park etc. I need to see if dd would like that this year. Last year they had so much going on they wouldn’t be able to use it so I held off. But I’m not sure about this year. If they’ve got more time I’ll do something like that.

Ordered the craft kit for my grandson and that’ll be here Friday.

I ordered these cute earrings for my granddaughters (and one set for me, lol). They look just like the Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes.

I’ve picked up some small things for stocking stuffers like hand sanitizer. The kids love those. Our daughter said they’d rather use that than wash their hands with soap and she has to get after them and remind them they have soap! Hahaha.

Finished shopping for the grandchildren. I got hammock chairs, gel pens, a pair of earrings for each girl and that completes their gifts. I ordered the Target gift cards during the 10% off deal and I also ordered one for me in an amount that will cover stocking stuffers for everyone.

Made a Sam’s club run today to pick up things for the grandkids stockings. Things like the individual bags of Cheez-Its, Pirate’s Booty fit well in their stockings and they love to snack on those and bring them to school in their lunchboxes etc. Also got a big jar of cashews for my Dad. He loves them.

Christmas was a success. We had a lot of fun and everyone enjoyed their gifts.

I just want to say thank you for this thread! It was a huge help to me to check in with myself on what I had purchased along the way since my shopping was spread out over several months.

Hope we can do this for Christmas of 2023 also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.