Frugal Village Forums banner

Christmas 2022

10K views 66 replies 12 participants last post by  hikr00 
I'm holding back on all the Christmas stuff. It's all too much for me and I don't have good memories of Christmas when I was a kid. There was always trubble between the parents, but they still wanted to celebrate a "merry" Christmas. That was disgusting to me.
We will put up a tree on December 24th because the rest of the family wants it that way. That's okay with me too.
Our new daughter-in-law brought an idea into the family: A few weeks ago we drew lots to see who gave whom a small! gift prepared. Who gives presents to whom is a secret until Christmas. We have also set the maximum value of 10 euros. So everyone gets a gift and everyone only has to worry about one gift. Nevertheless, there is a little surprise for everyone.
I like the idea. There are no mountains of gifts, you can focus on just one thing.
In the years before, we didn't give any presents at all because it was too exhausting for everyone to find something good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.