Frugal Village Forums banner
21 - 40 of 67 Posts
Only 3 months to go. Hard to believe it with the beautiful sunny day we have today. DH and I talked about getting some small gifts for close friends, but we've no idea what. I'll keep an eye out. Maybe small food/treat baskets. Likewise for DH, no idea, he has everything, but some beef jerky or chocolate are usually eaten.

Reactions: Zhoen and marthamfi
Just got another 7 relatives signed up for a gift exchange drawing instead of individual gifts to all! That helps. I am letting people kind of pick someone secretly if they already have a gift for someone.

Found cute blank cards at thrift, 14 for 99cents! Most will work for solstice or Christmas with little mice in winter scenes. Need to reinventory my gift bin. I might be close to done now that we have the drawing in place. Will pick up a few more local craft items at the farmers market today

Hikr- I never heard of Dogman but the game sounds like a nice addition to their collection.
Maggie- The cards were a bargain. I think a gift exchange is a very budget friendly idea.

DH likes a particular brand of t-shirt that he wears 7 days a week. Every year, I get him 2 or 3 and he says he needs more since holes are popping up in them. Trying to find 100% cotton has been tricky as the company now uses a blend. I ordered 3 from Walmart as they were on clearance. I hope they fit and are like the ones from the past. I paid $39 and got free shipping.

Rujerro my dh likes the Hanes Beefy T t shirts. They’ve got long and short sleeve styles. I thought they were 100% cotton but I just looked them up and looks like they are a blend too. Darn. I’ll keep my eyes open. Dh needs some new sweatpants so I’ve been keeping an eye out for deals there.

i ordered a couple of stocking stuffers. I saw these “invisible ink” kits which the grandchildren will love. I also got a package of the pens that have multiple colors of ink in them and these cool hairbrushes. My grandson might not love that as much but my granddaughters will. They are somewhat like a compact. You open them like a compact (they are hinged). One side is a mirror and the other side has the hairbrush. I grabbed a box out of our garage and put everything in there so I don’t lose things. I have written down what I’ve gotten and who it’s going too so I don’t forget by December! Lol.

Our daughter loves tea so I grew mint this summer. I harvested it and it’s drying now. I bought a cute little tea infuser thing and a little honey pot with a dipper and I’ll box that up with a new tea mug for her. I haven’t gotten the mug yet though. But the rest is ready to go.

since dd bday is close to xmas is either or or thing with gifts gets for one of them. got 2 bookbinding kits for her, a plumber key chain thing for ds. ordered myself a body shop advent calendar used up $20 of reward dollars. ordered a shirt for ds too.

cleaning out dh closet found an old tshirt barely worn wow the quality back then so thick.

We went to Sam’s Club today and I spotted these cute cocoa bomb and cookie kits. They have the cocoa bomb mold, cookie cutters and a few other things. Both of my granddaughters love to bake and they are learning their way around the kitchen. They will love this so I got them both a set. I’m going to hit the dollar store to pick up the ingredients such as cocoa, peppermint candy to crush to add to the cocoa, sprinkles and a cookie mix.

Discussion starter · #34 ·
The holiday catalogs have started arriving here, and I have gone through and done some comparison shopping.
There are several things I have seen in catalogs, then found for cheaper on Amazon with free shipping (H has a prime membership.) I don't love making Amazon any richer, but it is very convenient that I can add everything to lists now and then it is all ready to push "buy" when I (hopefully) have the money around Thanksgiving-- and the cheaper prices are nice, too.

But I had a little holiday pay in my check today, so I literally spent it on "holiday" stuff :) Here are the things I bought just now that AREN'T available on Amazon...

For H:
Jersey Textile Sleeve Sportswear T-shirt
Rectangle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive exterior Auto part

A self-explanatory sweatshirt and a puzzle-toy thing that when you put it together is a marble-coaster, where you put a marble at the top and watch it go down-- that makes it a present for ME, too, because he likes assembling things like that, and I like marble coasters and have always wanted one...

For DD19:
Sleeve Creative arts Rectangle Magenta Pattern

A whole lotta pajama shorts. I think she can probably use them as regular shorts in the summer, too, but we'll see. I've been eyeing these all year and finally pushed the button. They had similar fabrics in long lounge pants, but those were $35/pr and I didn't feel like spending that much (she doesn't take care of her things...)

I also found some stocking stuffers at Five Below yesterday, so I need to figure out where I am going to start stashing this stuff for the next few weeks until we get the tree up after Thanksgiving.

I got a cocoa bomb for DH, and a small bottle of his favorite body wash yesterday. I can easily hide stuff in my sewing room.

I ordered 3d printer filament set fancy multicolour for dh off amazon and a mystery filament box subscription that only comes every 2 months that you can cancel anytime. my order from british store came so some goodies for dh in there choc etc. jacob biscuit set for my mom.

More candy for DH today. He likes those big tins of peppermint bark. And a chocolate orange.

Discussion starter · #39 ·
Ok, so big OUCH Christmas present just purchased... DD15 expressed the other day that she has an interest in "going to the theater"-- specifically Les Mis... turns out they will be nearby after Christmas, so I bought 5 tickets (our little family +1 for a friend of DD15's choosing.)

Ouch. Even buying "discounted" tickets, ouch. But the show is on Feb 12th, so I am counting it as a Valentine's day gift, too!!!

Reactions: rujerro
Z- That's a great gift! It's ok to splurge on a show and you're patronizing the arts! Nice.

DH has used airline miles and cash so DS1 and his GF can visit her parents for Christmas..... I'll be calling a resort to see if they can design a spa/room package for DS1 & GF. I know how much each is separately, but don't want to choose dates and want a GC that they can use anytime for those things.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.