Frugal Village Forums banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Zhoen that sounds like a great gift and it will be a lot of fun.

Rujerro I love the idea of the spa / room package for DS1 and GF.

I love giving “experiences” as gifts. Like a season pass to the Children ‘s museum, state parks / beaches, wildlife park etc. I need to see if dd would like that this year. Last year they had so much going on they wouldn’t be able to use it so I held off. But I’m not sure about this year. If they’ve got more time I’ll do something like that.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Hello Frugals!

A while back, DD15 had circled some things in a Victorian trading company catalog, and I got a lovely surprise just now when I went to order and pretty much EVERY. THING. on the list has gone cheaper. I ended up buying an extra pair of socks to get the $25 off deal-- which more than covered the cost of the socks and put a dent in the shipping cost...

I have DD19's "big" gift, which is headphones, and she has told me there is a video game she wants, but that is a download, not something you can wrap. I will also give her some gift cards to places she likes to eat... she is tricky to shop for some years... Her advent calendar this year is candles (SO heavy) and she is excited like a toddler about it and keeps sneaking peeks at the drawers.

So I am pretty much done for my little group, but open to other things if the universe puts them in my path... Wishlist is done and emailed off to the in-laws... and later today (Sunday,) I hope to go pick up some of the gift cards I am planning for extended family types (nieces, MIL, FIL) On 3 December there is a big local craft show I usually attend, as well as a flea market where I usually am able to buy paperwhite bulbs from a local man, so I am hoping to wrap everything up that weekend, literally :) and get the send-away gifts sent away...

I was looking at another board to see if they had any insights on if there were any good gift card promos going on, and it never fails to shock me how those people are talking about "stocking stuffers" and "cutting back this year" and its the kind of things I would categorize as "nice gifts..." It makes me appreciate my lower-middle-class family where a $25-$50 gift card is a gift, not a stocking stuffer!!! 🤣:whistle::unsure:

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
I agree Zhoen! $25 gift card is a gift lol $10 a stocking thing. I got some uk cookies for dh and vintage style dress 40s etc local place had a sale even on sale items 25% extra off so some for me and dd. from uk got ds 70s style jean bell bottoms cus he has a thing for them since I got dd the dress

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Ordered the craft kit for my grandson and that’ll be here Friday.

I ordered these cute earrings for my granddaughters (and one set for me, lol). They look just like the Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes.

I’ve picked up some small things for stocking stuffers like hand sanitizer. The kids love those. Our daughter said they’d rather use that than wash their hands with soap and she has to get after them and remind them they have soap! Hahaha.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Angel- Hope you can find cute jammies. JCPenney? Kohl's?

I picked up:
DH- another t-shirt and sweatshirt
DS1- 2 used video games
DS1's GF- a Sephora GC, a make-up remover set
DS2- a shipwreck coin pendant on a cheap chain, new video game
My sister and family will get GC's. DH may get a GC. I am clueless this year.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
dh says he is at a loss for the kids and I said I had enough so get gc cus they like getting subway etc. The british store sent the cookies for dh, gave the books to dd for bday cus didn't want to dig in closet lol got vintage style dress for dd on sale.

·
Registered
13,246 Posts
I guess we're having a holiday dinner again this year. I picked up 2 doz hot cocoa packets in pretty boxes to put into gift bags, as well as a bag of individually wrapped peppermint sticks. Think I still have chocolate left from last year. Will keep an eye out for other small items, only have a week to get ready.

Reactions: Zhoen

·
Registered
13,246 Posts
Z, it's my dance troupe's annual party. I'm not hosting, we'll go to a restaurant or someone else's house. But the tradition is to exchange small gifts like costume jewelry, hand lotion, etc. I usually get more than 10 days notice and have time to order a dozen pairs of earrings or scarves off some website, but not this year.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
I’m waiting for Target to have their 10% off sale on Target gift cards. I usually gift my nieces and nephew with those and it’s nice to save a bit on the total. I don’t think they have other gift cards on that sale though.
Hikr the Target gift card sale for Target Circle members is NOW 12/3-12/4. I had to add the offer to my shopping card first and it worked. First time I have tried this, I buy a lot of groceries thru Target so that will save me some money. Thanks.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts